2015 - Week 7 -Bedding & Bath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am quite pleased to be able to work in this area this week because:

I NOW HAVE A BATHROOM!!!!! A REAL BATHROOM WITH ALL THE FIXTURES!!

After we finished getting everything done in there yesterday I gave it a good cleaning, so that is done. I have a lot of organizing to do though.

My list for the week:
- reorganize the cupboard - done
- reorganize the vanity - done
- check expiration dates on meds etc - done
- reorganize the first aid kit - done
- make shopping list of all bathroom items that need to be restocked - done

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Awesome, Mel! I know that feeling. We were without a bathroom for almost a year.

Here's what I would like to get done this week -

Household:
Declutter cabinets and clean fixtures, floors and walls.
Organize linen closet.

Holiday Prep:
Christmas Cards
Make a bathroom supply list
Make a cold/fever supply list
Double check the gift wrap center for scissors, tape, tags, pens, ribbon

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Since I had today off, I got a lot accomplished. I made a big shopping trip. I bought bathroom supplies, cold/fever supplies, and bought tape for the gift wrap center. The medicine cabinets are organized and restocked. I also got the bathrooms cleaned.

How is everyone else doing?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I haven't gotten anything on my list done yet. DH was off for the long weekend, so we have been working on the house.

Now that he goes back to work tomorrow, I will have more time to get stuff done.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I went through the bathroom and first aid kit checking expiry dates on everything. I have a kitchen garbage bag full of stuff that expired!! I am really surprised, I am usually really good at staying on top of it.

I have a really long list of supplies I need to buy, so DD and I will go shopping tomorrow. Once I have everything bought, I can reorganize the vanity and cupboard as I put things away.

How is everyone doing this week??

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My bathroom cabinets and linen closet are good. I do need to get some new towels at some point and refill the cold supplies

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im behind this week- but its ok. Not really all that much to get done. It will happen over the weekend.

The Christmas stuff is happening but not the rest of it. Im pretty well stocked (I think). My list of gifts to purchase is getting smaller! I only have a few to go plus wine and chocolates. Also looking for something unique for swim coaches (DS has 2) but not sure as yet! Maybe personalised water bottles.
My pantry is getting fuller as I start to stock up on stuff that will keep well- although DS was caught red handed raiding it! He pleased ignorance that it was for Christmas!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone ~ I'm back in town! Still need to unpack but got most of the house in order and laundry caught up.

Will have to scurry to catch up but I'm ahead of things on the topics for the next couple weeks so hopefully I can clear some of the backlog! Looks like everyone is doing great!!

Finished:
Copy Christmas list from Excel to an app and back it up - DONE.
Bedspreads - Ordered 1 of 3.

THIS WEEK:
Bedspreads - Order 2 more.
Declutter Towels, Sheets, Pillows - and label sheet sizes in Sharpie!
Check cold & flu supplies - think I'm in good shape.
Set up Wrapping Station.

Catch-up needed:
Complete my wardrobe shopping list.
Check DS's winter coat and boots needs.
Update calendars & sync iPhones
Stocking Stuffers - List started.
Halloween Costumes -- One decided. One to go.
Start Christmas Cards
Marie Kondo "Paper Declutter" - Keep going. (Ordered Banker Boxes)
Guest Room - Pick up Elfa shelf - it has come in.
Gift Closet / Attic -- Hang skis and finish up.
Fall & Halloween Decor up - Finish up.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DD and I did a major shop this morning and got everything on the list. Almost everything I needed was on sale, so I bought multiple of just about everything.

I just finished putting it all way and reorganized the cupboard and vanity.

Done for the week!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The last two items on my list were the linen closet and working Christmas cards. The linen closet looks good. This year, I just struggle with working on the Christmas cards so early. I want to do it but I had an aunt die before Thanksgiving last year and it was hard to go pull that card before sending the rest out.

Hmm... It seems that I am procrastinating to avoid the pain of the memory of last year. Gosh, after typing that out, I realize that I am still grieving and it is probably good for me to just write out the cards anyway.

Keep up the good work!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cleaned out the medicine cupboard and thankfully only had a few things that had expired. Made a note of what I will need for Winter '16 and popped that into my planner to buy in about March or April.
Put the first aid kit and sunblock/bug spray together so that they are easy to grab for when we go out over the summer.
Put all the dogs meds in a plastic container so that they are separate and we don't accidently take the dogs meds..
All looks good at the moment and it "should" be easy to keep clean.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Holiday Mom ~ *Hugs!*

This was our first quiet weekend since school started so we locked the doors and revelled in it. Got a bunch done this past week but am not as caught up as I'd like to be.

THIS PAST WEEK: - Pretty much nothing done on Bedding and Bath. BUT I did the Family Spaces instead which is on the plan for next week. Also got a load of donations out the door. I'm all out of order this season but that is how my schedule is going. As long as I"m on track by Thanksgiving! Relatives come in this next weekend so I'm motivated.

Bedspreads - Order 2 more. (Having trouble pulling the trigger on the online order. A new store.)
Declutter Towels, Sheets, Pillows - and label sheet sizes in Sharpie!
Check cold & flu supplies - think I'm in good shape.
Set up Wrapping Station. - Progress made. More to go.

Catch-up from Previous Weeks:
Complete my wardrobe shopping list.
Check DS's winter coat and boots needs.
Update calendars & sync iPhones
Stocking Stuffers - More items identified.
Halloween Costumes
Start Christmas Cards - Found them!!
Marie Kondo "Paper Declutter" - Banker Boxes picked up. Yay!
Guest Room - Pick up Elfa shelf - DONE.
Gift Closet / Attic -- Hang skis and finish up.
Fall & Halloween Decor up - DONE.