2016 - HHP - Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Week 1 is going great for me. Though I completely underestimated how much time it would take me to go through 2 desk drawers. Who knew! I got the job done and I have cleaned off the desk top and broke out the Christmas pens and stationary. Much to the chagrin of DH and DD, but hey, it is my desk and where I will be working! I will definitely finish everything up for Week 1 today (a whole day ahead of my schedule). Here's to hoping the rest of the season goes as smoothly. Now I will sit back and drink my coffee at my clean desk. I keep opening up the drawers and admiring my work. I am such a nerd.

Reactions: aggy

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
jollykelly - you are not a nerd. I do the exact same thing.

Enjoy that coffee!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Between work, school clothes shopping, hair cuts and back to school night at the kids school I have yet to purge paperwork. Looks like Mother has other plans for our weekend, we were suppose to go to the shore but if Hermine tracks inland then we will not be going. If that is the case then I will spend this weekend organizing and urging paperwork.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My tasks are done for the week!

I am happy that I was able to get it all done by today as I have a lot of other things to get done this weekend.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im done or will be by the end of tonight. I just have to finish culling my Christmas planner- should only take around 10 minutes or so- as I have already updated it- just need to remove what I dont want anymore,

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I got some time this morning to read all of your posts and catch up on the forums. I just LOVE this board and love hearing how everyone is doing! I have questions as to what each of you is up to and should have more chatting time this week. Today I'm off with the teens again. Here's my update for Week 1:

A bit of a crazy week with Back to School stuff but in my world my weeks have a Monday start so I still have today to finish Week 1 so we'll see what I can knock out today. :)

Holiday:
  • Declutter Office / Paperwork Center - IN PROCESS.
  • Christmas notebook check-in - DONE. All notes reviewed.
  • Do the family values exercise. - Have mentioned this to family so they can ponder.
  • Establish a holiday budget. -- IN PROCESS.
  • Consider a Christmas savings plan & start setting aside the cash. - Discussed w/ DH.
  • Begin a Master Gift List. -- DONE.
  • Christmas Recipes Organized (I do this early) - Not done. But I dragged out the book.
Household:
  • Back to School prep -- DONE.
  • Computer Transfer -- Ugh. Need everyone out of house so I can THINK.
  • Marie Kondo Declutter -- Outgoing piles loaded and at the door.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I did get all of the paperwork gathered and in binders. I still have some work to do within each binder and I've set aside some time each day to complete this. It was a great start and great progress even if it isn't 100%.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This year it has just worked out that I am sort of doing the areas on the HHP at the same time as I'm working on the HGP - lol! I went through paperwork last week and got filing caught up. Created new folders in the filing cabinet in my pantry for DS's school papers and school artwork/completed homework.

Still need to get DH to spend some time on the big filing cabinet upstairs, I know there is plenty that is old enough we could toss it! But for now paperwork is under control!