2017 HHP Week 12 - Dining Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This is going to be a busy week!

Household Checklist
  • Declutter and deep-clean the dining room.
  • Print off 2017 Thanksgiving Preparation List.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Put Frozen Turkey in refrigerator today.
  • Set out serving pieces and follow Preparation list.
  • Start a Black Friday Sales game plan.
  • Plan holiday parties. Started to do this.
  • Wrap gifts
  • Stamp envelopes.
  • Enjoy Thanksgiving Day with the family!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My next weekend will be:
- Regular housechores
- Laundry & ironing
- Sausages and bacon - DONE (dh just made them) for freezing
- Italian sausages to be cooked and sliced for freezing
- Mini-pizza muffins for freezing
- 1 or 2 desserts for freezing
- Prep half Christmas cards
- Continue knitting scarf, socks
- Start crocheting dishcloths
- Make some felt ornaments
- Wash oven
- Menu plan
- Wrap

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
This is a busy week for sure! Thankfully, we go to my Mom's for Thanksgiving. I have been asking her to give it up and let me take over for years, but she won't let go yet. I have to work on Black Friday, so no shopping there, then we are heading down to our condo in Ocean City NJ for the weekend. They do lovely Christmas things in the shopping district on Asbury, which is just a few blocks from our condo. They have carolers, free horse drawn carriage rides, etc. Should be a lot of fun there, but does not help me much at home! Here is what I HAVE to do:

1. Finish Christmas Cards
  2. Deep clean dining room
  3. Take china dishes out of hutch and replace with Christmas dishes (OK, I don't HAVE to do this, but I really WANT to do this)
Still pending:
  1. Gather cookie baking supplies and pick a baking date

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Lucie - Your handmade items sound so nice!

Kelly - I totally get the Christmas dishes now scenario! I have that planned for this weekend. I seem to enjoy the season more and longer when they are out.

Turkey is defrosting! Checking things off the to do list. Gift wrapping won't get done now but possibly on the weekend. I bought a bunch of things online at Kohls. I usually don't shop there but they had a few requested items and then I found that they had some decent sheets on sale so I picked some up for our air mattresses. And then I saw a comforter set and sheets... and then... well you get the picture. I have to get my daughter from college now. I probably won't have a chance to get on again until after Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful day with family and friends!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It was a nice Thanksgiving day but the last two days have been a blur with shopping, wrapping and hanging out with the family. I'm so glad I came back to reread the posts. It reminded me of things I want to do today like get out the Christmas dishes.