2018 Christmas Countdown Week 2 - Reality Check

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here are the specifics I want to do:
  • Change out Halloween decor for Thanksgiving decor next weekend.
  • Write out Christmas cards.
  • Keep up getting to bed around 10 pm, making healthier choices, exercising and working ahead of time when possible.
  • Thanksgiving prep: making side dishes and checking serving ware and tablecloths
  • Wrap stocking stuffers.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
This weeks goals:
Finish cleaning major cleaning/purging master bedroom/bathroom
Finish wiping down/out Kitchen cabinets
Later this week/next weekend - take down Halloween decor and put up the rest of fall/thanksgiving decorations inside and outside.
Work more on gift list ideas, keeping an eye on the black fridays that get releases to compare sales/prices
Friday -pick up more items for the Thanksgiving dinner and holiday baking.

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
This week I need to:
Exchange Halloween for Thanksgiving décor.
Get extra desk and cabinet out of family room (donate) so I have room for my Christmas tree.
Finish sorting thru paperwork so I can put it away and be ready to start cleaning room by room.
Work on gifts I'm making.
Clean out freezer.
Decide if I'm going to make or buy my Christmas cards this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would like to continue on my room a week cleaning decluttering.
Would like to start writing Christmas cards,
would like to wrap my mum's stocking fillers.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Take down Halloween decor.
Would like to wrap some Christmas stuffers.
Get my addresses out for Christmas cards and set up my writing station
Bake some cookies

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'll swap out Halloween for Thanksgiving on Sunday!

Have Christmas Card and all supplies - printed address list, pens, postage stamps grouped and ready to start working on - will start bringing them with me in a bag to work so I can do some on lunch each day.

Will work on reviewing Amazon gift list for DS and adding more items. Will also ping the various people that create Amazon wish lists I shop from - reminding them to update, update, update!

I will continue to work on as much crafting each day as possible!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to recheck the food and baking supplies. Just about to sort and double check the stock pile cupboard.
Still need to wrap, wrap, wrap. To be honest wrapping is my least favourite thing to do so that is why I really need to schedule the time for it.
Need to double check my to do/buy list and transfer what is remaning to a master shopping list. Still need to schedule mani/pedis and hair appointments.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, can you set up your environment to be "fun and happy" while you wrap? I enjoy wrapping when I'm not under pressure. When those last online orders start arriving the week or two before Christmas, I feel the stress with all the Christmas concerts going on here. I find a place to wrap where I listen to some Christmas music or even watch a movie while wrapping. I make some hot chocolate or gingerbread coffee and sip on that while wrapping. It seems like less of a chore that way.

I got most things on the list done except for changing out the Halloween decor for Thanksgiving. I'm planning on doing that today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, you paint a gorgeous picture, gingerbread coffee, perfect.
Over the last few years my mum and I have a wrapping day at my house and one at hers. It certainly makes it easier to share the load. I do put on music and we have a nice lunch!

Reactions: luludou