2020 - HHP- Week 12 - Dining Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week we move on to the Dining Room.

What do you want to get done?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

Household Checklist

• Declutter and clean the dining room.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Start a Black Friday Sales game plan.
  • Put together gift bags for the service people.
Still to do:
  • Look for Citron at the grocery store.
  • Finish Christmas cards.
With my dd presumed positive, dh and I finalized Thanksgiving quickly. Yesterday I finished making all the side dishes. The Thanksgiving menu is done. I'll clean the dining room and pay attention the sales going on now. I'll see about placing more online gift orders. I also want to get to the gift bags. I think I'll really focus on these Monday - Wednesday.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Thanksgiving is over for us in Canada and I don't have a dining room, so I'm going to use this week to catch up on unfinished tasks.

To Do:
work on Christmas cards - done

plan menus & make grocery list for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day breakfast & dinner - done

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
HolidayMom -- Fingers crossed for your family.

I've been pulling out the linens here to see what I have and what I need. What I need doesn't really matter this year, I guess. I'm going with what I have! Just us this year. And we like it that way!

* Check Thanksgiving supplies and batteries.
* Make my final list of anything I don't already have.
* Buy the turkey
* Make sure I have the right Traeger pellets.
* Pull out the lights box for the Christmas Tree to be sure I have what I need. Pretty sure my notes from last year say I needed some.
* SHOP ONLINE AS MUCH AND AS FAST AS I CAN!!
* Find a good online spot for ordering candy and such online. Fun stuffer items that I'd normally go into a store for. I already have the bulk candy. I usually find that stuff at Cost Plus or fancy grocers but not this year.

Do we think the prices for Black Friday are going to be better than they already are? I typically hit certain stores the week "before" Black Friday and others "on" Black Friday. This year... well, I'm looking for a sale and might not be too fussy as to how deep the discount is. There was an outfit I was going to buy on H&M for DD but it is sold out after their sale last week. Darn!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I focused on the Holiday Prep part since time was short. I did manage to get the gifts ready for the teachers, mail, trash and recycling crew. I will deliver them on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I wasn't feeling great so I took the day off. While resting I began to make a shopping plan for the Black Friday sales. Some places are running sales now. I took advantage of that and placed some online orders today. l have some gifts to wrap next week.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Menus are planned and the shopping list has been made. I will buy needed items as they go on sale.

Christmas cards for the exchange are done, I have a couple others to do that need to be mailed out. I will go to the post office this week and buy stamps and get them sent off.

I will work on the cards that don't need to be mailed out next week as well.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Holiday Mom, my prayers for your daughter's health and that no one else in your household contracts it. My sister is on the road to recovery, and my brother-in-law wraps his up today or tomorrow. Both of their cases were mild, which was good, especially since he is diabetic.

I'm going to take this week to catch up and consider my blessings. I am not hosting this year, so crystal does not need to be washed and polished right now; once I know what's going on for Christmas, I'll deal with it then (if needed; if not, that task can go into the New Year). Will touch up, where needed in the dining room. On Monday, I'll pick up the last minute groceries during off-hours (Aldi didn't have any oranges, only Cuties -- not good when you need orange peel). Tuesday will involve a virtual funeral mass for a cousin (sad situation, only 16). I have to do a blood draw on Weds. morning, and then I'll make the cranberry sauce Weds. After than, I'll prep the chopped onions and peppers for the corn casserole, and set out other ingredients so everything is ready to put together and get into the oven mid-day on Thanksgiving. Christmas decor will come out either Friday or Saturday, depending on when I make a quick round-trip to Michigan.

Not sure how much I'll be online this week. If I don't get another chance, wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving holiday and wishes for health and happiness for you and your families.