2020 - HHP - Week 13 - Entry Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We leave the dining room and head to the entryway this week.

What are you planning this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We are still waiting on test results. I am proceeding with Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping plans until I find out otherwise.

Household Checklist

• Declutter and clean the entryway.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Finalize shopping plans for Black Friday sales.
  • Deliver gift bags on Monday and Tuesday.
  • Check the Thanksgiving Prep list everyday this week.
  • Wrap gifts.
  • Put away fall decorations.
  • Bring out Christmas decorations.
  • Bring out Advent candles and wreath
Still to do:
  • Look for Citron at the grocery store.
  • Finish Christmas cards.
  • Declutter and clean the dining room.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy2bme

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Right now my entry way is full- fall decorations are still up and a fully decorated Christmas tree. Everything else is cleaned. We are not having guest anyways. Making my Christmas soup and some pie crusts Monday for the freezer. Need to firm up a date with my cousin for after this week. Will show her how to make fudge and will make grandmas Christmas cookies to freeze.
Im planning to go out Black Friday, right now anyways. Thinking Joann’s, Tuesday morning and bath and body works. I usually do more but I don’t need a thing. On the other hand I might stay home.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
  • clean/declutter entryway - done
Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • finish Christmas cards that need to be mailed - done
  • buy stamps - done
  • mail cards - done

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
HolidayMom - How is everyone “feeling”? Fingers still crossed!

Entryway Week finds me not too worried about the entryway. No one is going to be coming through it this year. Everyone is home that we expect to be home this year. It’s kind of nice because I’m going to be getting a lot of extra help cooking this year! I only have to worry about being sure the teens are social distancing from their friends. They have been pretty good. For the most part they stay home these days.

Here’s where I am at:

Thanksgiving - All groceries purchased. Just need to pick up the eggnog.
Bulk box set out - to throw all my extra items in for making dinner so I don’t overwhelm my

Home- In decent shape. A 30 minute family clean to be ready for Thanksgiving.

Holiday -
My list is done and super tight.
Black Friday shopping underway online. Chritmas Tree boxes partially down.

DH has a doc appt today so just need him to get out of that building without catching anything and we’ll be good.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My daughter's test came back negative! She never had symptoms but we were concerned that my daugher was asymptomatic. We are baffled that she didn't get coronavirus based on the fact that she shared meals for four days with the positive cases. My daughter is sure that the test was accurate based on the headache following the nasal swab. She was sure that they got enough of a sample from both sides. I guess mask wearing, distancing and hand washing really are effective.

We are trying to get the house back into shape. Lots of moving around of personal belongings happened to make sure my dd could be home and have her own bathroom. Everyone is back home doing online school for the next two weeks after Thanksgiving. No one is coming over for Thanksgiving but I do want the house cleaned as if people were.

I printed off my Thanksgiving Prep timeline and it is surreal to read it since it is based off of last year when we had people over for Thanksgiving. But I will follow it as if we were having people over. It will give us all a sense of normal times in such an abnormal time.

Today I just worked on returning things back where they belonged since things were rearranged for the isolation. Tomorrow everyone will help with the house cleaning.

I did a lot of online shopping these last two weekends. I wasn't sure if I was going to be in isolation or not on Black Friday. I took advantage of sales when I could. Now that I know that my dd won't pass coronavirus onto me, I'm thinking about going out for a few items on Black Friday. I'll have to see what is still needed and what time the stores are opening. I've been going out on Black Friday around 5 am and hardly anyone is out shopping then.

The next few days will be a whirlwind here. I'm not sure if I'll get on before Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

HolidayMom -- I could have just written your entire post. Same exact thing here. Here I was saying.... just gotta not get sick when DD got sick. Oh man .... completely isolated her, on went the masks and the whole drill. Got the essential oils going in the hallway (they mostly only come out when someone is sick) and I learned I need a new diffuser and more oils. I had nothing else to spray down cooties in the air. Ugh.

Her Covid test wasn't supposed to come back til Friday but OMG it actually came back late last night. Negative! Lordy! We had already mentally "moved Thanksgiving" so none of the early cooking had happened or any of the basic prep. Now it is back on -- we are doing it as though it was a normal year also. But last night we were all so mentally exhausted we just couldn't rally so decided we'd wait for today, make a big pot of coffee and get'er done!. I'm one cup in now.

Have been online shopping also. Hate it. DD was such a scare though that our family just plans to make online shopping work. Might make some phone calls to the stores and see if we can do curbside pickup for a few items later in the week. Online stock was getting wiped out fast last night! Items were disappearing from my cart!

Okay... more coffee, turning on the Macy's non-parade and and then to figure out the Traeger! Very thankful this year!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Very thankful this year!
I am too.

We live in a parallel universe! LOL! It's uncanny.

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with the family. I was trying to buy some gifts online yesterday and I had the same experience of things disappearing from my cart. That left me trying to figure out other options. It was so frustrating. I tried for 30 minutes on another site to place an order and it wouldn't go through. It just got stuck every. single. time. when I hit "review order" and it wasn't my computer or browser. I tried different options. I gave up but tried again 9 hours later and it went through with no problem. All I can figure is their website was overwhelmed. When I finished the order, the confirmation email said to expect the delivery in 3 weeks. :eek:

I did go out this morning. It's the only day of the year that I really look forward to shopping. The stores I wanted to look at opened at 7 am and 8 am. It was so eerie. People were in the store but it was crowded by any means. I went into Michael's to see what Holiday baking things they had. I didn't need anything but they always seem to have cute things. I couldn't find anything. Nothing. It was completely sold out. I've never seen anything like that before. I did pick up a few small items for gifts and I feel good about where we are with the shopping. I still have some things to get for others but I feel like we could have a decent Christmas with the kids at this point. That really has been my main focus.

When I got back home, I got out most of the Christmas kitchen dishes. I still need to get the glasses out. I'm planning on getting some wrapping done next. I have to make space in my bedroom for the boxes that will be coming in from last week's orders and this week's orders.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Entry looks like a entry way and not a holiday storage locker now. Fall is entirely put away and my entry way is decorated for Christmas. I’d like to finish the decorating the rest of the house tomorrow but my back is telling me Sunday.
I didn’t go out, the first time in years I’ve missed Black Friday. The store opening times would have kept me out longer than I wanted and too much time to kill between openings. I’ll go Monday when I’m out anyways and hope for the best. Not that I need anything at all lol.
Holiday Mom, I didn’t have any internet issues this morning. My cousin was fighting like you were with websites.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Fall is entirely put away and my entry way is decorated for Christmas. I’d like to finish the decorating the rest of the house tomorrow but my back is telling me Sunday.
Fall decorations are away here too. The entryway is decorated. The mantle is decorated. I have more to do through out the house but it's a start. I spent yesterday afternoon and evening finding boxes and wrapping all the gifts that I had accumulating in the bedroom.

Dh and the kids are outside getting lights up. When they are done, I'll put up the wreaths outside.

I'm taking a break from prepping the food for when we get back from cutting a tree down tomorrow. We are trying a new spot this year. The place we were going to for years closed down after Christmas 2018. We went to a new place last year and while a bit of a disaster then, it's a funny story to tell now. But no one wants to relive it again either. We'll have to rearrange the furniture today and get the saw, blankets, rope, etc. ready. I'm also prepping the food for when we get back tomorrow.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This has been a very productive day. The weather was nice enough today that the whole family got involved with taking the second floor storm windows out and cleaning them as well as the window panes. The outdoor lights are up. The house has been decluttered and cleaned. Furniture has been moved from one room to another room to accommodate the tree. Food is prepped for tomorrow's outing to cut a tree down. It really feels good to get all that done.