2020 - HHP - Week 14 - Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We're getting closer to Christmas! We look at our storage areas and we do a reality check this week.

What are you planning to get done?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm posting a bit early. I know I won't have a chance to post later. We are getting our tree and decorating it Sunday.

Household Checklist

• Organize storage areas. Done for this week.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Status check.
  • Begin family Advent observances.
  • Continue holiday decorating. Done for this week.
  • Finish gift shopping. Done for this week.
  • Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Done for this week.
Still to do:
  • Look for Citron at the grocery store.
  • Finish Christmas cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy2bme

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I worked on my storage areas this spring during lock down. Not crazy about my wrapping area/ gift closet/ holiday decoration arrangement. I’ll work on that after the holidays.
I looked at advent calendars today but didn’t see anything to excite me. Maybe next year.
We are in good shape here. All we need is snow for Christmas!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just got a bunch of Lock 'n' Lock food storage containers that were on sale at QVC.

Should keep me for a while, but I do love storage containers!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm noticing that the stores around here are putting out the storage containers where the Christmas decorations used to be. Things were flying off the shelves at the stores around here over the weekend.

We had water in the basement yesterday so the storage area is a mess right now but it will be organized when the floor is dry. :D

Status Check: It's just a weird time. Things just feel different this year. Being in quarantine set me back but I'm working hard to get on track. I'm not use to things being hard to find 3 to 4 weeks before Christmas.

The tree is up and decorated. The other rooms still need to be decorated. I hope to get to that tonight. A few more gifts just came in so I will wrap those this afternoon.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love lock ‘n’ lock!

Oh no! water in the basement is terrible. And yes shopping is strange this year. Stores here are already pretty sparse. And sales (at least to me) haven’t been all that wonderful.

Has nothing to do with storage but I got the ham ordered for Christmas Eve dinner. I have a plan, if for some reason we are sick (hope we aren’t! ) my cousin could pick it up and drop it on our front porch. That was really the last loose end for Christmas.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
  • Storage areas were assessed and organized during the summer and still in good shape.
Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • decorate - done
  • wrap gifts - done
  • buy chocolates needed for co-worker gifts - done
  • finish cards for co-workers - done
  • purchase 2 gift cards - done

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Has nothing to do with storage but I got the ham ordered for Christmas Eve dinner. I have a plan, if for some reason we are sick (hope we aren’t! ) my cousin could pick it up and drop it on our front porch. That was really the last loose end for Christmas.

That sounds good. I'm all about plan A and plan B this year. It's a nice illusion of control. :)

The water situation is good now. The totes are in place as well.

The house is just about done getting decorated. The last thing to bring out is the Nativity Set.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I missed posting on Week 14. Thanksgiving pulled together after DD's Covid scare, but had to do a fast brine on that turkey on Thanksgiving morning. Absolutely needed to be overnight. Plenty moist, but flavor wasn't there. The brine needed an orange which I couldn't find in my fridge ... I found it a few days later rolling around under the seat of my car! Doh!

Spent the rest of the week shopping online, hating every minute of it. I'm starting to think that retail will be coming BACK for this household after Covid. I'm so sick of online shopping. Might work for some things but I sure don't like it at Christmas. Took me a few days of not looking at a computer to recover.

Okay on to catch up on next week's thread!