2020 - HHP - Week 16 - Nearly There Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We are almost there! This is the week to really be honest with ourselves on what will be done in time for Christmas.

What are doing this week?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had a lot of extra stuff going on at work. It just through me off track. I'm further back than I want to be. I spent Saturday writing out Christmas cards, again. :rolleyes: :mad: I never found the missing cards or the address list. Everything got mailed today. I am ready to move on to this week's list!

Household Checklist
  • Finish a whole house cleaning.
  • Follow minimum maintenance plan.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Bake Cookies. Made one batch. One more batch to go and then some Christmas Stollen.
  • Start an ornament journal. I have never done this but I think I will this year.
  • Start a holiday journal. Definitely doing this one this year. I would have loved to know what my great-grandmother did to survive the 1918 pandemic with her young children.
  • Make Christmas ornaments.
  • Plan Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day menus.
  • Update address book.
  • Check cameras and camcorders.
  • Upload photos from camera to computer.
  • Delete photos from camera to allow more space for Christmas photos.
  • Work on virtual scavenger hunt. Almost done.
  • Wrap gifts. Two are still sitting in warehouses.
  • Pick up ham.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
“I would have loved to know what my great-grandmother did to survive the 1918 pandemic with her young children.”

my friend and I had a discussion about that. My grandma and all, but one baby, survived. Honestly, I think they were just too tough to die. They were isolated on a farm and just too poor to go anywhere. The results may have been different had they still been in Detroit. And my grandma was a major hand washing freak lol. Always, always telling us kids to wash our hands which I’m sure had something to do with it. Dirt poor, no education, and at that time very poor English, she still understood about hand washing.

Just trying to maintain a clean house here. Gifts have been moved to the main floor so we don’t kill ourselves Christmas Eve. Will pick up the ham on the 23rd I think.
I had one thing left on my cleaning list- outside of the windows. I mentioned it to my husband. He took my list and tore it up. Said I was done. He will get them power washed in the spring. I said ok! Lol.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
  • create minimum maintenance plan - done
Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • baking - did some
  • last grocery shop for Christmas menu items - done

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had one thing left on my cleaning list- outside of the windows. I mentioned it to my husband. He took my list and tore it up. Said I was done. He will get them power washed in the spring. I said ok! Lol.
That is too funny! I had that on my list for the second floor windows earlier in November. I don't think those windows were cleaned on the outside in 10 yrs. Dh and the kids did them the day they put up the Christmas lights. Two days later, we had a storm and the windows got dirty again from the blowing rain. Oh well!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week I was able to get done most of the things I wanted to do. I have a few more things to do on Saturday. I feel good as to where I am this week. I got the final two batches of cookies done. I hope to work on the Christmas stollen tomorrow. The house is in decent shape. We will just need to keep it up. Everyone picked a job to do while they are home for break.