2020 - HHP - Week 6 - Wardrobe Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week is the 1/3 mark of the plan. We are looking at our clothing this week.

What's on your list this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've decided that I'm going to go on and buy clothing for the upcoming holidays in spite of the fact that we won't be visiting family. I want to dress up like I normally do for meals and church even if it isn't happening.

Household Checklist

• Sort through clothes with dd.
  • Declutter, clean and organize clothing care areas. Just did this in August when our basement was flooded.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Make a shopping list of clothing needed for a Christmas outfit. Shoes? Stockings? Skirt? Top? Jewelry?
  • Plan photo outfits. We don’t send out photos at Christmas.
  • Update individual "gift suggestion" lists for each family member. My older 4 dc have given me ideas. I will work on those first until my dh and other child come up with some ideas.
  • Clean out the hall closet and closet shelves. This will be my big decluttering project this week.
  • Brainstorm ideas for extended family gift exchange. We are talking through ideas on feasibility of having a virtual Yankee Swap/Pollyanna.
  • Begin shopping catalogs or the Internet. I don't ever recall shopping this early for online gifts until this year. I will start buying things as I see them.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards. I’m addressing cards little by little.

Still to do:
  • Go through holiday magazines for inspiration. Two things came up unexpectedly last week that cut into my planned HHP time. I'm going to try to carve out extra time this week to do this. If not, I'm going to keep it under this list until I do. The value of just relaxing and taking care of me is more important this year as we are dealing with regular life amid pandemic changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy2bme

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
tackle clothes closet - done
declutter/clean laundry room shelves - done
declutter/clean sewing basket - done

Holiday Prep Checklist:
check wardrobe for needed items - done

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
This is kitchen week for me since the apple sauce is done. Sunday husband moved the stove and refrigerator so I could clean behind them. Between that and finishing the master bath shower I was beat for the day. Not too much left to do in the kitchen as I had gone through everything, pitched and reorganized earlier this year.

We don’t do photos and rarely do I buy a Christmas outfit. I’ve already done closets and the laundry room.

Shopping is winding down here. A few grocery items left to get for my son. I have one item to order for my husband. The return window is so short, I have it on my planner to order mid November. Hopefully it will still be in stock. All other gifts are done.

Cards were started this past week. I will keep working on them.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have one item to order for my husband. The return window is so short, I have it on my planner to order mid November. Hopefully it will still be in stock. All other gifts are done.

Cleaning behind the refrigerator and oven is a tiring job! You're doing great with everything.

I'm planning to get to Target and Dollar Tree over the weekend to pick up some stocking stuffers. I'm hoping to get to my list making after dinner for a bit but I'm not sure if that will happen or not. A few things have popped up over the last few hours. I did go through some magazines and that was nice. I have a bunch to go so I think I will spread them out over the next few weeks. I forgot how much I enjoy just paging through them and being inspired.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Myron’s Mom - Behind the fridge and oven? Go you!!!

Don’t have my list yet but I am super aware the Columbus Day sales are in and that is a good time to buy clothes. I’m after Cardigans and maybe some gift items. Need to get my list together. I have one in my notebook. The weather was very cool this morning so it is time to put outfits together with DD and see what we need.

I have a rack I’m going to permanently hang in my closet wall just for the purpose of hanging outfits on it. (They ate just 3 mesh panels - super cheap). Then I can okay with them and see how they look. I’m actually kinda excited about it. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's another week of slowly making my way through the list. The clothes sorting with dd may not get done this week. Our schedules have not lined up. The hall closet is ugly. I'm taking a break from that right now. I hope to get 5 cards done this week. It will be better than nothing at this point.

I was feeling a bit behind with my planning since some sales start next week. Tomorrow I head out to see what stocking stuffers I can pick up at Target and Dollar Tree. I went through the lists and links of gift suggestions and made a note of where it was found and the average price. That will help when shopping during the sales at Walmart/Target/Amazon next week. I was disappointed to find out that an item I usually buy online at Target is not being sold online but in stores only. It means that I have to go to multiple stores to pick up 7 of these items.

Reactions: happy2bme

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was disappointed to find out that an item I usually buy online at Target is not being sold online but in stores only. It means that I have to go to multiple stores to pick up 7 of these items.
Can you ask Target to get your items for your store of choice? I know some stores can look up the item and see what other stores have in stock? It would be worth a phone call. My Dil would find what she need in my store and then ask me to go get it for her because her store didn't have it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Can you ask Target to get your items for your store of choice? I know some stores can look up the item and see what other stores have in stock?

I don't think they do ship to store for that. I did see online which Target stores had the items. That is a real nice feature. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone who lives near those stores.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Kitchen is pretty much finished. I need to run the self cleaning oven. And the exhaust fan covers need to go in the dishwasher. My dish washer has a major leak. I’ve cleaned the seal around the door. I think it might need to be replaced. Have to pull the paper work for the part number.

Landscape people cleaned my flower beds so I need to get the porch and out side windows done. Then I think I might be done.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got through the hall closet and was pretty ruthless with what I kept, what I tossed and what is going to be donated. Most of the time over the years, I saved things in case we needed it for our youngest. Now we are at the stage where those things are not being used. It makes it easier to move out of the house.

Cards never got done and part of the clothes sorting got done.