2020 - HHP - Week 8 - Family Room Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's time to look at the room where we spend time with the family and watch Christmas movies.

What's on your list this week?

Reactions: happy2bme

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
After looking at the HHP list, I see that I don't have much new things to do this week. Dd's Halloween costume is taken care of and the house is decorated for Halloween.

Household Checklist:

• Declutter, clean and organize the family room.
  • Organize entertainment center.
Holiday Prep Checklist:

• Talk to family about Christmas music playlists.
  • Talk to family about Christmas movies/shows to watch.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards.
Still to do:
  • Go through holiday magazines for inspiration.
  • Continue stocking stuffer shopping and craft store shopping. Picked up a few more things but not quite done.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
decorate for Halloween - done
organize movies & video games - done

Holiday Prep Checklist:
create a Holiday Housework Plan
- done

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got the windows in the family room cleaned, both inside and outside. Dh helped with one of our taller windows. The weather looks to be warm for October so I think I may end up doing the rest of the windows on the first floor, both inside and out.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The weather has been rainy all week so I never did get outside to clean the rest of the first floor windows. I did a final update to the address list. I have a few more cards to address and then onto the personal notes inside the card.

I'm really glad that I'm doing this plan. I spoke with my 13 yr. old about Christmas songs and movies. She is not in the least interested in them. I thought I'd have another year watching some classics together. That just simplified things for me.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I've finally decided that Christmas cards are not going to ever get done in October, there are just too many other things to do.

I enjoy doing them in November, so that is when I will do them.

Now, that wasn't so hard. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Christmas Movies? The kids are in Halloween Movie mode here! :).

I'm still a bit stressed here. Too much going on and I'm feeling unsettled. Worrying about the generator. There is a wait to get it connected and we haven't even purchased it yet. Our neighbor is coming over with his tractor tomorrow to clear a spot for it and the tanks.

Leaves are dropping everywhere here so it is Fall cleanup time. Had a close brush with frost last night so need to get out there and get the last of my squash and potatoes harvested. Rainy all week so not really looking forward to that. What a baby! I'm such a Spring gardener! :).

Knocked some gifts off the list as I ran my errands this week, also started buying grocery items for Thanksgiving & Christmas (Sparkling Cider, wines etc) and am storing them away. I hit the mall this week (it is a quiet one) and decided crowd levels are actually up a bit. Ugh. And selection is actually down. So I need to embrace the concept of more online shopping. Looking at shopping apps. Bummer that iOS doesn't have CamelCamelCamel for Amazon shopping. My plan is to scope the malls without the crowds to identify what I want and then pull the trigger online when the sales hit. But I'm just not seeing much in the stores. I wonder if it is even coming? What I have noticed is every store seems to be caring their own version of sweatpants for quarantine!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Christmas Movies? The kids are in Halloween Movie mode here! :).

I'm still a bit stressed here. Too much going on and I'm feeling unsettled. Worrying about the generator. There is a wait to get it connected and we haven't even purchased it yet. Our neighbor is coming over with his tractor tomorrow to clear a spot for it and the tanks.

Leaves are dropping everywhere here so it is Fall cleanup time. Had a close brush with frost last night so need to get out there and get the last of my squash and potatoes harvested. Rainy all week so not really looking forward to that. What a baby! I'm such a Spring gardener! :).

Knocked some gifts off the list as I ran my errands this week, also started buying grocery items for Thanksgiving & Christmas (Sparkling Cider, wines etc) and am storing them away. I hit the mall this week (it is a quiet one) and decided crowd levels are actually up a bit. Ugh. And selection is actually down. So I need to embrace the concept of more online shopping. Looking at shopping apps. Bummer that iOS doesn't have CamelCamelCamel for Amazon shopping. My plan is to scope the malls without the crowds to identify what I want and then pull the trigger online when the sales hit. But I'm just not seeing much in the stores. I wonder if it is even coming? What I have noticed is every store seems to be caring their own version of sweatpants for quarantine!
The stores and malls here are busier than ever, even more reason to stay home. I would love to support local business, but am not going into any stores. 90% of my shopping has been done online. Hopefully, next year will be different.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom