2021 - HHP - Week 13 - Entry Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The entry space to our home is the focus of this week. Those of us in the U.S. will also prepare for Thanksgiving and shopping Black Friday sales.

Entry Space

What are you planning to do?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Not hosting Thanksgiving dinner feels a bit strange. I have been going through the motions as if I am hosting. That has served me well for preparing for Christmas guests in the past. I do like working from home during the busy times of the year. I can sometimes work on this plan earlier in the day since there is no commute time. I'm hoping to do that this week.

Household Checklist
  • Clean Entry:
    • Sweep front porch.
    • Clean front door windows.
    • Wipe down the front door.
    • Clean porch light and garage lights.
  • Declutter Hall Closet.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Print Thanksgiving Prep checklist.
  • Print Christmas Prep checklist.
  • Finish preparing the Essential Personnel Service Gifts.
    • Send gifts on Monday
    • Send rest of gifts on Tuesday.
  • Make: Cranberry bread, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, apple pie.
  • Celebrate American Thanksgiving.
  • Continue to work on Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping plan on Monday and Tuesday.
  • Gather Advent wreath, candles, Jesse Tree and book on Friday.
  • Send invitations for Christmas gathering.
  • Work on Christmas cards.
  • Finish DIY gifts
  • Wrap gifts

Last edited:
Reactions: happy2bme

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I'm going to focus on the entry space at the back of my house that is in the laundry room.

HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
*wash walls, light fixture, door, window & curtains :)
*clean & organize shelf :)
*wipe down washer & dryer :)
*vacuum & mop floor :)

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:

*finish Christmas cards :)

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Getting through the list, little by little. My big push was wrapping the gifts that I had before the next round comes through with Black Friday shopping. All purchased gifts are wrapped, labeled and received ribbons/bows. That really has freed up my mind. Next stop... front porch...

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
You guys are so on top of things! Cheering for you!

Drinking coffee here and gathering my thoughts for the day. Turkey is not quite thawed and it needs to go into the brine today so I'll have to get that figured out. Strange it is not thawed yet since I'm sure my timing is correct. Wonder if hubby dropped the temp in the downstairs fridge?

DS did us all a favor and had a party this last weekend, which forced us to deal with the mudroom. So that is all cleaned out now! Now like an event to make cleanup happen. I kept it going in 2-minute segments to get other stuff done and now the attic is cleaned out too and ready to be Santa's workshop.

Black Friday week purchases are mostly done with one more happening today and then everything else is non-critical and I'll wait til Friday. Haven't decided if I'm staying in or going out at 5am. The shops I go to are not usually crowded at that hour so I'm not too worried about Covid.. Much to do still and I haven't started wrapping at all but I usually feel lots better once I have the mission-ciritical items secured. Such a weird year with supply and demand.

Now.... off to deal with the turkey brine. Good luck with the day to everyone dealing with turkeys!

(Does Europe do Black Friday? DD is over there on Study Abroad but not seeing much in the way of sales.)