2021 - HHP - Week 15 - Final Clean

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We are in the final weeks of our cleaning and Christmas preparation plan. Our focus for Week 15 is to clean the whole house and start tying up the loose ends.

What do you want to get to this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm hoping that this week is better than the last three weeks. We are hosting a Christmas party in two weeks. I have a lot to catch up on.

Household Checklist
  • Clean and declutter the house this week.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Continue wrapping.
  • Eat from the freezer. (I do this on wrapping days, music rehearsal days and baking days.)
  • Plan Christmas week menus. (I've done this for a couple of years now and it is wonderful for me. I like to use that week to read and research when I'm not with family. Having a Christmas week dinner plan is a lifesaver for me.)
  • Update address book.
  • See what gifts are left to buy and make decisions this week. (I have lots to do on this one.)
  • Work off Christmas Brunch Timeline. (I have lots to do on this one too.)
  • Write out Christmas Cards. Use sympathy Christmas cards for those who lost loved ones this year. (Nothing has been done since the beginning of October.)
  • Make a favorite Christmas things list:
    • Write down favorite 2021 GAC/Hallmark Christmas movies.
    • Write down favorite Christmas songs and the artist that performs it.
    • Write down favorite Christmas scents in soaps and candles.
    • Favorite drinks and store to find it.
    • Favorite Christmas stories and authors.

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Holiday Prep Checklist:
*wrap gifts :)
*bake :)
*get card & gift card ready for massage therapist :)

*plan Christmas Eve/Day menus :)
*make grocery list :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
So finally got the heat working again (we've been alive thanks to our woodstove). Now the dishwasher is broken. Doh! It's been out for a week while we wait for parts. I think our house has reached a 10-year cycle for appliance maintenance. That washer and dryer better not go out next!

Heading out soon to do my last big bit of major shopping. DD is coming home from Europe thanks to Covid and all the border closures. Too much hassle and uncertainty to deal with for a backpacker so she's flying home between semesters and will try again in the Spring. Yay: she's coming home! Oh no: I now need to change my Christmas plan! (Has everyone seen Christmas with the Kranks? Yeah, that.) So addressing all that is today. Wish the Covid surge had timed itself before Black Friday for all of us whole like to plan our pandemic schedule better! ;).

Is anyone else having supply chain issues? We are getting along fine for the most part, but I tell ya whenever I'm looking for something specific it is just not out there. It must make business managers crazy when they are trying to stock their stores.

House is in good shape. DS is still dealing with college application deadlines and much still going on with extracurriculars as the school stuff winds down for the holidays. Lots of stress there. We are all very much practicing our deep breathing.

TO DO:
Find another set of Christmas pajamas (After Black Friday: Right.)
Get Roast ordered for Christmas Dinner
Get grocery orders for all incoming family
Defrost the darn freezer (which I didn't do in October when I was supporsed to)
Prep for storm that is coming in.
Charity drive donations
Christmas beverages purchased
Wash sheets for next week's incoming peeps....
Schedule my bloodwork appointment before all the Christmas garbage starts being consumed.

I'm sure there's more official stuff I need to do but I gotta get moving!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spent most of the week doing a deep, deep clean of the house. It fell is disarray with party planning, Thanksgiving and life. I feel so much better. I also got to the wrapping