2021 - HHP - Week 16 - Nearly There

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We are in the final stages of Christmas preparations this week.

Week 16

What are you going to do?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I put together a list like normal but I'm not sure what will actually get done this week as I deal with the death of my nephew. Several things are non-negotiables: Christmas Brunch preparation for next Sunday, wrapping gifts and probably still buying gifts. and taking some time out for me.

I wondered if I should even have the brunch but after talking to one of my brothers, he thought we should still proceed with the brunch. It's an opportunity to gather, grieve and laugh together.

Household Checklist

• Keep up with daily maintenance.

Holiday Prep Checklist

• Bake cookies
  • Start a holiday journal. I need to write about this month in all of it's craziness.
  • Continue wrapping.
  • Write out Christmas Cards. Use sympathy Christmas cards for those who lost loved ones this year. (Nothing has been done since the beginning of October. At this point, I don't know if anything is going out this year.)
  • Make a favorite Christmas things list:
    • Write down favorite 2021 GAC/Hallmark Christmas movies.
    • Write down favorite Christmas songs and the artist that performs it.
    • Write down favorite Christmas scents in soaps and candles.
    • Favorite drinks and store to find it.
    • Favorite Christmas stories and authors.
  • Update address book.
  • Work off of Christmas timeline.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I put together a list like normal but I'm not sure what will actually get done this week as I deal with the death of my nephew. Several things are non-negotiables: Christmas Brunch preparation for next Sunday, wrapping gifts and probably still buying gifts. and taking some time out for me.

I wondered if I should even have the brunch but after talking to one of my brothers, he thought we should still proceed with the brunch. It's an opportunity to gather, grieve and laugh together.

Household Checklist

• Keep up with daily maintenance.

Holiday Prep Checklist

• Bake cookies
  • Start a holiday journal. I need to write about this month in all of it's craziness.
  • Continue wrapping.
  • Write out Christmas Cards. Use sympathy Christmas cards for those who lost loved ones this year. (Nothing has been done since the beginning of October. At this point, I don't know if anything is going out this year.)
  • Make a favorite Christmas things list:
    • Write down favorite 2021 GAC/Hallmark Christmas movies.
    • Write down favorite Christmas songs and the artist that performs it.
    • Write down favorite Christmas scents in soaps and candles.
    • Favorite drinks and store to find it.
    • Favorite Christmas stories and authors.
  • Update address book.
  • Work off of Christmas timeline.
I'm sorry for your loss. Gathering together sounds like a good idea.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
* make minimum maintenance plan :)

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
* finish baking :)
* finish wrapping :)

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
* make minimum maintenance plan
* more decluttering if I can

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
* finish baking
* finish wrapping

As we are on vacation after work Friday the 17th I will do what needs to be done then. DH should finish work on the 16th... maybe fore good? he has not decided yet but will at least have a few weeks after Christmas. Whatever gets done, gets done.
I think I have to make some desserts to bring to mom's... she can not do her Christmas Eve buffet anymore so we will get part by a caterer and some we will do. probably the last year at my parent's house.
New traditions need to be made.
As for me have not yet decided for NY's Eve. used to have both sides of the family. have decided that is over.. too many people, too tiring. so we'll see what we decide.