2021 - HHP - Week 5 - Guest Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Household Checklist
  • Clean guest room.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Status Check! How am I progressing?
  • Plan holiday decorating. Do I need bows/ribbons for wreaths? Holiday tablecloths? Holiday towels? Holiday soaps? Holiday Candles?
  • Inventory holiday decorations. I think I’ll keep a list taped to the lid of my Holiday Totes.
  • Declutter before you decorate for autumn.
  • Decorate for autumn.
  • Schedule houseguest stays. Talk to dc regarding expectations for staying over at Thanksgiving and Christmas. How long? Arriva/Departure Dates
  • Set up guest room "pamper basket". Towels, Sheets, Toothbrush
  • Start working on Christmas cards.

This looks like a typical week and weekend ahead which is well needed. I still have some things to catch up on from the flooding delays. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in this regard.

This is the first time that I will have a guest room which is a very odd feeling. When I first started this plan, my children were in early elementary. Now they are high school and beyond. I never thought I'd see the day and here I am.

My Christmas card order arrived yesterday! I will start on the cards this week.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I don't have a guest room, so this will be a bonus week for me. I have a large To Do list of things to get done in the house, garden and yard, so I am going to work on that this week.

Holiday Prep Checklist:
* inventory decorations :)

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
No guest room here so the plan for me this week is to continue progress I have made in Master Bedroom last week, work on maintenance tasks and prep for colder weather!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I decluttered and put away the Summer decorations. I put up the fall decorations which are pumpkins, artificial fall flowers and leaf garlands around the window tops. I'll put up Halloween stuff sometime next week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have 2 guest rooms. They were the kids rooms when they lived here. DD's old room is set up for guests so I have given that a good clean. Changed linen, dusted all furniture, washed walls, doors and windows.
DS's room is empty except for wedding items so that did not take too long at all. Just needed to wash walls, windows and doors and vacuum. Looks good.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Status Check: I'm happy with the way things are going with the plan so far. I don't feel behind yet. A lot of time has freed up as my children have gotten older. I really see the difference this year with just one teenager now.

I did double check on the soaps, candles, tablecloths and towels. I have plenty left over from last year. I will just need new bows for the outdoor wreaths. They are faded. I will check for them in November. If I can't find any due to supply chain issues, I will reuse them.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Guest room is good to go. I’ll have a college kid in it over the holidays. This is a very busy week for me with DS’s activities, Financial planning, and working on yard during the sunbreaks. Holiday stuff is out at Costco but I’m not feeling it yet. Wood Stove is going to but it isn’t quite cozy yet. I think that’s because I’m too busy. The fall sports season well end in mid October and then hopefully things will settle down a bit. In the meantime I’m starting to think about organizing my recipes. I need to check my notes in my computer to see if I needed anything in terms of ornaments and lights?

HolidayMom - Supply chain issues. Good point! The panic hoarding should be starting soon. I think by this time last year I made sure I had my baking supplies.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This was a good week for me. I wasn't expecting it and it's nice for a change. I started on addressing the envelopes for the Christmas cards. The new Christmas stamps will be available on Oct. 7th. I think I will place an online order that day for Christmas stamps and other stamps to use through out the year. I always have fun buying the unusual stamps.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
It was a long, stressful week, so I didn't get a lot done on my list. I pulled out the decorations and looked at everything, which made me very happy.