2021 - HHP - Week 6 - Wardrobe

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's time to think about our Christmas outfits and transitioning our clothes out of one season and into the next season.

Wardrobe Week

What's on your list to do this week?

Reactions: HouseElf

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
*declutter, clean & organize laundry area & supplies :)
*seasonal clothes/shoes switch over :)

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
*wardrobe check :)

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i am up to the wardrobe too. I did check all my Summer clothes and I think I am OK. It depends if they fit me or not but am happy to wear things on the big side.
Will wait until I get new work uniform and then will toss some of my old work clothes. there are some pants with tags still on them! Some of my blouses I really like so they might transition into my everyday wardrobe.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Week 6 (?) -- Wardrobe Week

I'm so in need of this week. Hope I can get it all done! Perfect timing with the Columbus Day sales! And I was just in the coat closet today saying this is in need of a purge! Here's my list for the week. There's more I'm sure! I've been out doing some early shopping and checking out the stores. Nothing of interest so far. Not sure what I want to do. Normally I have a plan. Not this year though. I'm blaming the Covid scene for making me apathetic. Hopefully I snap together soon. I'll keep prepping since I know it will kick in!

HOUSE:
Create a laundry activity center –
organize the laundry center. It's in pretty good shape as I went after it a few weeks ago!
Clear coat closets. Haul out the clutter.
Fertilize the lawn - because I keep putting it off!

HOLIDAY:
Family Wardrobe Check. Oh – and Homecoming too!! Need DS to try on what he has so I know what he
needs.
Plan photo wardrobes.
I'm just not in that mindset yet.
Begin individual "gift suggestion" lists for each family member. Noting clothing sizes and preferences.
Keep an eye out for Secret Santa gifts if anyone is doing Secret Santa.
Begin shopping catalogs or the Internet.
Need to get my stores picked and make sure passwords work.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This weekend is our Thanksgiving and my whole family will be here so nothing will get down but starting next week I will need to clean every area of the house(everything has been deep-cleaned it's just cleaning after having the house full) and will do the 2 entry closets and wardrobe. Will then decorate for Hallowen and then I'm on the long-stretch for Christmas :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I meant to post my list yesterday but time got away from me.

Household Checklist

• Sort through clothes.
  • Declutter, clean and organize the hall closet, mudroom closet and laundry area.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Check family wardrobes. Any outfits needed for upcoming events? Do any clothes/shoes need to be replaced?
  • Plan Christmas outfits. What am I wearing for Christmas?
  • Review and update gift lists.
  • Make a list of gifts for bus drivers, mail carrier, trash/recycling crew, and teachers.
  • Come up with a list of ideas for gift exchanges.
  • Begin shopping catalogs or the Internet. I'll look into gift ideas that I don’t think will really be on a sale and order those items now if possible. I’m also going to start paying more attention to items that do go on sale between now and Black Friday. If the sale looks decent enough, I may just order it.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards. As I went through the first group of cards to address, I remembered that a few people have moved since last Christmas. I don’t have their new mailing address. I made a note of it and will circle back to those people in December. If they send me a Christmas card, then I’ll send them one in return.
  • Place an online order for Christmas stamps.
  • Work on the items on the Holiday Spruce Up list.

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I ordered a pair of booties from QVC to go with the black pants I got at Costco.

DH has plenty of Carhart T's as long as we don't go anywhere fancy.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm not sure I'll get to the closets this week. Dh is working from the guest office so I can get into the office to clean and declutter. That's been taking up my time this week.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I got a LOT done on wardrobes in general last week. I came across this video and decided to find my 10 items for Fall. It was VERY enlightening. I also put aside some things I'll swap out once it is winter. I think we should ALL do this and then discuss! :)

Jennifer Scott: the Ten Item Wardrobe Ted Talk:

Also got DS's outfit pulled together for Homecoming!

Reactions: HouseElf

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
That was a good video. I have a 20 item wardrobe. My fall wardrobe is 4 pair of pants and 5 shirts for work/church. After work/weekend wear includes 2 pair of jeans and 3 flannel shirts. I do have a number of button down sweaters that I can use for work/weekend wear.

I wear a very classic style. I usually buy one new blouse in the fall and one in the spring. My pants are at least 15 years old. They don't have holes so I keep them. My jeans are two years old. They replaced the other two that had holes and were 20 years old. I go through sweaters quicker than anything else because I wear them all the time and the elbows get holes. Those are are probably closer to 5 yrs. old now.

Now my shoes are a whole other situation. I just replaced a bunch of shoes last Christmas. I also picked up some fun shoes like snake skin shoes and buffalo check shoes. :D

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Mine came out to more like 20 also if I include Outerwear. 15 clothing because I wanted more shirts. But what I thought was helpful was what I WASN'T going to wear. So I separated those in my closet. Some I boxed up but mostly I just separated them. So now I have a clear view of my image. And then I fixed it. :). Me too on the pants. Classic, super old and they are just fine and in fashion. Sweaters are a new thing for me. Only in the past couple years so I'm building my outfits with those. Used to wear a lot of polar fleece (Still do at home) but am trying to switch it up for being out and about. Your shoes sound fun! Those went on my list big time last Christmas and they will again this year. I want fewer but GOOD shoes. I'm taking notes from you Europeans and spending where it counts! Quality over quantity.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Now my shoes are a whole other situation. I just replaced a bunch of shoes last Christmas. I also picked up some fun shoes like snake skin shoes and buffalo check shoes. :D
Mary, I am not a real shoe person, I have fits and fads. I can tell you though that these sound amazing.