2021 - HHP - Week 7 - Bedding and Bath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I didn't get to a lot of things last week. I had the opportunity to clean and declutter the home office. We'll see what I can check off the list from last week.

Household Checklist
  • Declutter, clean and organize the linen closet.
  • Declutter, clean and organize the bathrooms.

Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Make a pre-holiday linen check.
  • Make a list of needed bathroom supplies.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards.

Still Need to Do:
  • Check family wardrobes. Any outfits needed for upcoming events? Do any clothes/shoes need to be replaced?
  • Plan Christmas outfits. What am I wearing for Christmas?
  • Declutter, clean and organize the hall closet, mudroom closet and laundry area.
  • Come up with a list of ideas for gift exchanges.
  • Work on the items on the Holiday Spruce Up list. Got one thing done!

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I only have one bathroom and it's small, but it desperately needs a deep cleaning, so I'm looking forward to this week. That doesn't sound too weird, does it?? :Do_O

HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
*declutter, clean & organize bathroom: wash walls, clean light fixture, clean fan, vacuum & wash floors, replace shower curtain :)
*declutter, clean & organize linen cabinet :)

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
*restock bathroom basics :)
*restock first aid kit :)

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I only have one bathroom and it's small, but it desperately needs a deep cleaning, so I'm looking forward to this week. That doesn't sound too weird, does it?? :Do_O
LOL! It doesn't sound weird to me.

One of the things that I like about cleaning plans is that they tell me what to do. I'm always having to make decisions and sometimes I just get overwhelmed with it all. Having a plan frees my mind of "What should I do today?"

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
After going out to the clothing stores yesterday and seeing how difficult it was to find sizes and styles we like, I think dd and I are going to try to work with what we have. Dd is more of a concern because she went through a growth spurt and much of what she wore this time last year doesn't fit.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Such timing on this! DS has Toga Day this week at school and I just went through all my linens and I do NOT have a sheet for that! So now I need to go buy one. The bathrooms on the other hand are good to go. I did those last month and am so thankful I did because this is a very busy week for me here. Literally crawling to get DS through all his activities and college deadlines over the next few weeks. Can't wait til November and all this is done. Hard for me to concentrate on Christmas other than going through the motions of this Plan. And that is what it is for right? If I just keep up it will all be okay! I just realized I don't even have my Fall decor up! I'm pulling that out today to get it going.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Literally crawling to get DS through all his activities and college deadlines over the next few weeks. Can't wait til November and all this is done. Hard for me to concentrate on Christmas other than going through the motions of this Plan. And that is what it is for right? If I just keep up it will all be okay!
Absolutely! When going through the college visits in the fall , I was overwhelmed with trying to get this plan done. I had to tell myself that I just do what I can do when I can do it. December was still better doing part of the plan than if I gave up on the plan in October.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, I am so happy! Dh and I went shopping today for things that I had on the Spruce Up list: outdoor path lights and new toilet seats. :p LOL! Since the weather was actually sunny and warm, we spent the afternoon taking out the old path lights and putting in the new ones. Replacing the toilet seats will be saved for next week.