2022 Healthy Living (January 2 – 8 week’s review)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Would you like to join me in a weekly recap of your progress towards your 2022 healthy living goals?

I’ve selected 4 categories for myself. You could choose your own. Just tell us anything about how your week went and what progress you’ve made or where you could improve.

Week 1 (January 2-8 review):
  • Exercise: I'm doing quite well here. I've exercised every day this year so far. Hope I can keep up the enthusiasm!
  • Sunday ~ Dance Step
  • Monday ~ Total body workout
  • Tuesday ~ 2 mi. video walk; Classical Stretch
  • Wednesday ~ Energy Sprint
  • Thursday ~ Windsor Pilates – Buns & Thighs
  • Friday ~ Dance Step; Total Workout in Ten (upper body plus balance & flexibility)
  • Saturday ~ 2.34 mi. walk (with DH)
  • Healthy eating: I feel like I ate healthy meals and snacks, but my portion control could have been much better.
  • Weight: Up/Down/Maintain: -.42 (BMI=23.6)
  • Mental/Emotional ~ What did you do for yourself this week? I’m really quite good to myself in this department. I had two play-date days, one with DH and one with a friend; and DH and I spend other quality time together including having dinner one evening with friends. I also tackled a couple chores around the house that aren’t complete yet, but I feel good about the progress I made on them. I did get out for a walk yesterday, but need to get outside more.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@DahliaDoll Wonderful! Go you! :)

I felt pretty good for the first week into 2022. Did some exercising and friend time. I just now am starting a 21 day fast from sugar ... :oops: and I want to eat more Mediterranean.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Great job! I started back on Weight Watchers and finally fewl ready to do this. I am still working from home and stuck to it loosing 5 lbs. That said I know thw first 5 are usually quick off. I need to prep for next week. Will be home a little longer. Once back I am going to tey to use the gym again at lunch. Need to prep ahead for dinners as that is hard for me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This is a great idea.
Weight
I have put on weight since the wedding in October, not a huge amount but enough that if I don't pull it back now it will be too much.
December, I did treat myself. We had a few baked goods and treats in the house and I ate what I wanted without feeling guilty. It is Christmas and I wanted to enjoy it. The first week of the NY was very casual but I did meal prep. From this week I will go back to exercise, meal prep, portion control and limit the snacking, all the things that I know work for me.

Mental Health
Christmas was very relaxed, I did not stress over things. I am the facilitator of Christmas and had plans in place. The plans did change and I was in the place to go with it, I am happy to go with the flow.
Since Christmas I have been struggling with the POST CHRISTMAS BLUES. This is something that I struggle with every year so not new.
I am very reflective at this time of year so will make lots of notes in my planner, keep busy with organising and cleaning, make lists of what I would like to do this year and set myself goals and then tick them off. I am hoping that over the next few days I will get some relief from this.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I managed to do some form of exercise or other every day last week... stretching, walking, cardio workout (3 times).. that was good.
Food... not so good... lots of cookies and desserts but I did eat more veggies.
Relaxation .. I did do a few things for myself (paint, puzzle), but should have read more. However I did have the grandkids so less me time but more love!

Stomach and sleep were a problem last week, hoping a new week will be better. I need to take vitamins and do a morning routine.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Tracking didn't happen for me this week, but I did get outside and move....cold or no cold, so that I'm pretty proud of. I also went back to my first POST HOLIDAY Weight Watchers meeting. That was good to get back and rather than focusing on what we did the past few weeks we weren't happy about, we looked ahead to 2022 and what we wanted from 2022. Once some woman answered, we talked about SMART goals. Goal setting is great, but really to be successful you need to break it down into action and time commitment, so I'll share that chart and maybe someone could benefit from it. If you want to understand it a bit more, just do a google search and you'll find all kinds of charts and write ups with instructions. Me planning out my full menu this week is a bit unrealistic since the kids will be back in town and staying through the week. They'll be coming and going to friends on this round and I won't know when they'll be home for dinner or not, so I'll be flying by the seat of my pants. I can cook healthy for them and not have it an issue, it's just knowing that I have enough of stuff and not overshopping and then it going to waste. So I'll control my breakfast and lunches like I normally do. Make sure snacking is limited to my normal fruits and set a complete reset a week from today!