2022 Healthy Living (January 23-29 week’s review)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Here’s a review of my week:

Exercise:
  • Sunday ~ Ski conditioning exercises; Classical Stretch
  • Monday ~ Ski Stevens; Windsor Pilates
  • Tuesday ~ Great Buns & Thighs
  • Wednesday ~ Body Tech
  • Thursday ~ 1 mi. walk video (powered up); 3 sets rotator cuff exercises; 30 pushups
  • Friday ~ 1 mi. walk video; Ski conditioning exercises
  • Saturday ~ Total Body
Healthy eating: About the same. If I really want to lose the few excess pounds, I’ll have to make some changes!

Weight: Up/Down/Maintain: -.4 (BMI=23.6)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? Although we skied on Monday, I would like to have gotten outside more. I like to walk with DH, but our timing didn’t work out to do that and I don't really like to do it on my own. I did keep up my indoor exercising. The Stitched Together craft group meeting on Thursday was fun, and I made lunch for Kathy and I afterwards. Got a pedicure, too.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Exercise: I did walk 2x in the neighborhood. That's all my lungs would allow and we had a couple snow storms this week so I had to wait for clear sidewalks. I am feeling better so I'll probably try again tomorrow. This time of year I have to look at the forecast and decide ahead of time which days I'd like to walk and be more mindful of making sure I get it done on those days.

Healthy eating: I stuck to program the entire week for the most part, but mentally it was a challenge this week. I wanted to eat...not necessarily snack, just EAT more food. But I got my water in all 7 days and that is a biggie. My splurge day is Friday OR Saturday. Unfortunately my one day, turned into 2 days. But that's okay...I logged my food this morning and will have 5 successful days ahead of me before weigh in on Friday.

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? Once I tested positive again for covid on my 2nd test through the county, I had to cancel my weekend plans with my friends. But I still set the weekend aside to scrapbook. Not really scrapbooking, but working on uploading photos and doing the digital aspect that's necessary to actually get my photos. With a new granddaughter you can guess...I have A LOT. Deciding will be the hard part. lol
On a random note..I already bake sweet breads as a side business and now I'm going to try and master the art of Marshmallows. I made my first batch also Friday and they turned out awesome. Downside is obviously...making marshmallows. LOL.....My favorite candies are chocolate covered marshmallows. To make this work I'm going to need SUPER DUPER willpower. May the force be with me! hahaha

Weight:
Weigh in Friday: -3 pds
Total Lost to Date: 111.6 pds
Goal Weight by 7/15: 175

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Exercise: This week was much better for me. I got in 3 hrs. of exercise for 5 days. I have a FitBit and I am using the FitBit app now to track progress. It is a good reality check that makes no excuses. I have it scheduled for me to get up and get in 250 steps an hour whenever possible.

Due to the snow and bitter cold temperatures, I decided to jog in the family room for 10 minutes at a time while watching TV. I did that three times a day minimum. Two things I noticed: the time flew faster for me with the TV on and because it was considered aerobic exercise, my resting heart rate went lower. Yesterday I didn't exercise, and today the resting heart rate is higher.

Healthy Eating: I'm logging my water and calories on the app. The first day of doing that, it showed that I was 1700 calories over. I cut out the snacks and extras I add to my meals the rest of the week and I was in the healthy zone.

It seems that if I want to eat certain foods, I have to make sure to make time to exercise it off. Right now, because I had pancakes with maple syrup and butter for breakfast, I'm over my calorie intake base on the calories burned so far which is nothing. So, this is forcing me to think is eating or drinking something beneficial to my health? Is it worth the calories?

Mental/Emotional: Journaling is always a good thing for me. Keeping track of what works and doesn't work each week helps. I did it daily last week to get me on track again.

I'm taking a self-paced online course to prepare for taking another online course in March at a university. I wanted to set myself up for success and I'm so glad that I'm doing it this way. There are things that I never thought about until going through the current course. I almost talked myself out of finishing this course because of one assignment. How the heck was I going to pass the test when the assignment was super difficult? The words of encouragement that I use on everyone else played in my head for myself. I took the test and got a 100. :rolleyes: Yeah, I'm not going to quit. I just have to work harder and longer and believe in myself.

I'm also reading through a book that encourages "morning pages" (daily journaling) and weekly "artist dates" (doing something creative). I went through a few online catalogs and noted pieces of furniture and home décor that inspire me.

DahliaDoll - Sounds like you had a nice week.
Michelle - I hope you feel better.

Reactions: luludou

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I feel pretty good about the past week.

Exercise-I worked out 4 mornings BEFORE work. This is so hard to do but so necessary for me to remain Consistent.

Food- I started tracking everything that goes into my mouth. Really made me aware of portions.
And also little things I pop in my mouth without even realizing it.
Ex: A cw had a bag of starbursts. I ate 4 of them. When I went to log dinner I thought, "Hey, you ate those starbursts." I had completely forgotten about that!

Water- I did my gallon M-F. Yesterday because I was at a play performance for 2.5 hours, I didn't want to have to use the restroom. I told myself it was ok to not hit the gallon which, mentally is a good thing for me.
I can get militant on these goals and very hard on myself if I don't hit them- especially if I have a streak going. Which can then lead to me quitting it all together. I told myself, "If you consistently drink your gallon, that's they goal. Not perfection."

This next week- I'm going to tweak my bedtime. I am going to bed too late. Although, I have been getting up for my workouts, I turn off the alarm and am quite late. I'm realizing, I may need closer to 8 hours of sleep as opposed to 6.5, 7.

I am feeling very good about my insights and progress so far.
I'm very happy to have this group to share in this journey.
Annie

Last edited:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Still holding steady, so that makes 4.5 down for the month. Have been working on getting more water in my daily intake, using a big 24 oz. glass and refilling it several times throughout the day. It's just remembering to stop and take a drink. May start using the timer on my phone for every hour. A friend and I are going to start walking on the local indoor track a couple of times a week, which should up my steps, and I've found a couple of YouTube videos that I'm going to check out. If they are any good, I'll post the links.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had a reasonable January but did put on some weight. Not enough that I have given up but enough to make me worried. Will try and get back to what was working so well for me in the lead up to DD wedding.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Katrina- Yes! Start, tweak again.

I always find it an on again, off again process. Hoping to stay ON consistently.

All- Posted a fun YouTube workout video I found in the initial Thread for this journey we are on.

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think I did pretty well for January 2022. Did the sugar fast, tried to eat well and exercise. One month down .... whew!

This was my first post. :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul