2022 Healthy Living (January 9-15 week’s review)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Week 2 (January 9-15 review):

I’ve been sleeping much better lately. I think it must be the exercise I’ve been doing, since it’s the only big change I’ve made.

Here’s my review of the week:

Exercise:

• Sunday ~ Gilad step aerobics and weights
  • Monday ~ Step - K.Smith (total body)
  • Tuesday ~ 2.66 mi. neighborhood walk
  • Wednesday ~ Total Body
  • Thursday ~ 1 mi. video walk (am); Windsor Pilates Buns & Thighs plus 10 pushups (pm)
  • Friday ~ Dance Step
  • Saturday ~ 30 minute ski conditioning YouTube video; 3 sets rotator cuff PT exercises
Healthy eating: Need to improve here.

Weight: Up/Down/Maintain:
+.89 (BMI=23.8) Up a bit this week, so I’m not happy about it. I need it to go the other way!

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? I did a lot for myself this week. I had a dentist appointment Monday (routine checkup), and although not pleasant, very important for my health. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I had play-dates with friends or DH. DH and I went to AAA travel to plan a February ski trip and then stopped at a nursery to get some plants; Wednesday a friend came over and we had lunch and watched some entertainment YouTube videos (Home Free; Mat and Savanah Shaw and others); Kathy and I went to our Stitched Together (sewing group) meeting on Thursday, back to her house for lunch and then to Hobby Lobby; and on Friday we went to the Van Gogh Experience (WOW!) and fabric shopping. Saturday DH did a workout video with me which was fun. I also got a paperwork project completed which relieves my mind.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Jan. 9-15, 2022
Down 5 1/2# since Jan. 1.
Part of this week was spent in TX cleaning out my mom's place, getting it ready for when she decides to sell. We had only one warm day, so only got pool time once. Lots of walking to/from the clubhouse to discard items (centralized trash pick-up, not curbside), and airport walking, as well. Drank loads of water, and only had soda as a mixer in evening cocktails with DSis#3 (sorry, it was stressful dealing with someone who continues to repeat the same questions multiple times every hour and who doesn't want to throw out ANYTHING. She'll be selling her place furnished. My Dad was mechanically inclined and could fix anything; she kept manuals for small appliances from the early 1990s, because they have the model number and where to go for parts. Her thinking -- the new owner will need that information. But, if (for example) the 1995 toaster breaks, a new owner will toss it and buy a new one, not repair something that is 25 years old. She struggled to comprehend that ... with every . single . appliance in the house, and argued with us every . single . time. Yes, keep the manual for the stove and refrig, but not needed for things like the toaster, blender, coffee maker, etc.) My Word(s) for the Year, PATIENCE and PURGE, received intense focus during this trip.

Goals for the coming week:
1. Eat healthier than in the past. Add more vegetables, curb snacking, limit carbs when possible.
2. Water, water, water.
3. Work in more exercise, with colder weather. Take stairs at a quicker pace. Set up indoor walking at the Rec. center with Kris or Beth, and if neither can do it, walk alone with iPod.
4. down another 1-2 lbs.?????

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Last week was not as productive as the week prior. I got in just 7 miles in a little over 3 hours of exercise. The weather was down into the teens. Thus, walking outside was super short. It also didn't help that my tracker stopped working it was so darn cold. I had it on my wrist with a sweater and winter coat covering it. I did walk loops in the basement and the stairs.

Health wise - I made a homemade sauce that when I tasted it was super sweet. I added no sugar so I read the ingredients in the organic ketchup that I was using. It had organic cane sugar. Ugh! So I will be reading ingredients on condiments and other foods that I don't think should have sugar to see if they do. My dh picked up minced garlic to try out. We both swore it had sugar in it. The ingredients said water and citric acid. No sugar. I already make a lot of things from scratch to cut back on salt and sugar. It gets so frustrating because I'd rather save those salt and sugar intakes for home made cookies or kettle chips, not ketchup! LOL

Mental/Spiritual - I've been trying to get to my morning pages 5 times a week as described in the book, The Artist's Way. Filling three notebook pages is hard but I'm seeing a difference. I'm also listening to the bible while walking. This is the second year of doing this. It is one of the easier habits to continue; just not so easy on the brutally cold days.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My week was pretty good.
Felt more focused and dialed in to my health goals.
Part of that first week of January- I'm still kind of half way- one foot in, one foot out.
Trying to recoup from the holidays, focus on the upcoming year.

I worked out 4 times! That's my weekly goal, so was super proud.
Eating was WAY better. More mindful of my choices, water was up.

Now to do that for 50 more weeks!
Well, 50 + infinity weeks.

Annie