2022 Healthy Living Weekly Review (April 10-16)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Come join me ... how did you do?

April 10-16 weekly review:

Exercise:

• Sunday ~ YouTube dance video
  • Monday ~ Total Body
  • Tuesday ~ 3 mi. neighborhood walk
  • Wednesday ~ Great Buns & Thighs
  • Thursday ~ Dance Step
  • Friday ~ Cathe Step Sync (warm up, combo 1, combo 2, stretch); Body Tech lower/upper body plus abs/stretch (Total 54 minutes)
  • Saturday ~ Gardeing (53 minutes); 2.73 mi. walk

Healthy eating:
Needs improvement (still)! I’m thinking of beginning again on my “restricted diet program” to get myself back on track. Would like to try it for a week, since we don’t seem to have any events scheduled that require meals out or with others. Seems like a good week to go for it, and the following week would fit well, too, if needed.

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: +/- (BMI=)
+.77 (BMI=23.8)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? This was another good week. Our friends had to cancel dinner with us, but it left me with some free time that I felt I needed. I had a low energy day or two (usually falls on Fridays for some reason), but didn’t feel emotionally “down”. I spent a couple outdoor sessions weeding and taking neighborhood walks as well. Easter was a beautiful day, and we went to the nursery and bought a few spring plants.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Sorry, I've been awol.

Exercise - The week leading into Easter was decent for me. I did cardio almost every day as well as working on my abs. I'm also trying to remember to do the leg stretches that I did in PT.

Healthy Eating - I was doing ok but Easter got me off track. We had Easter Lunch on Saturday and Easter Brunch and Dinner on Sunday. Saturday I ate a small portion but Sunday's dinner was harder. Even though we had a community basket, I still ate a fair share of candy.

Mental Health - My in-laws can be nice people. We just see things differently, a lot more often than 20 years ago. They think that I'm misinformed. I think they are misinformed. 2020 was the turning point for me. They can not agree to disagree. They always have to get a "dig" in some how. There is one brother-in-law that we can get together with more often. We can agree to disagree and stay off those topics of disagreement. I've limited my interaction with everyone else to "when I must do" such as a Christmas visit, Easter visit and Mother's Day visit. That has been the best thing. It is amazing how people can suck the life out of you and how others can energize you. I am surrounding myself more often with positive and uplifting people.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@DahliaDoll Love your exercising!
@Holiday_Mom I totally agree with your outlook on the mental health ... I have done the same and am doing the same ...

Exercise - not like it was in January! Ug. But at least weekly I am doing the farm walk with my friend.
Eating - is ok ... but could be better.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you jmpss. I've really been working to keep up the daily exercise. I didn't do as well this week due to our two granddaughters visiting us. I have a new Apple watch that wants to track your fitness achievements. You set your own goals for calories burned, hours of standing per day (not literal hours, though ... just so you're not sedentary ... I'm not sure how it's actually calculated); and minutes of exercise. I count gardening as exercising, although it's not aerobic, as well as stretch videos that I do once or twice a week. I thought the watch reminders/notifications would be very annoying, but I actually find it to be encouraging (so far).

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Here is mine:

Exercise- Non-existent. I am LOST without my Beachbody. I found some workouts through my cable company. The one I want to do is not free (of course). May just bite the bullet until I can figure out what is going on with my internet connection on the TV. With the cat needing emergency surgery, that got put on the back burner.

Eating- Pretty good! Being mindful of fruit, veggies, and not getting take out!

Mental-Took some time to REST and RELAX after the stress of Ginny's emergency surgery and recovery. Trying to get back emotionally.
It was needed and I'm glad I recognized that and took the time.

Annie