2022 Healthy Living Weekly Review (April 17 - 30):

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I missed posting last week, so I'm combining two weeks for my review. Is there still interest in keeping this going?

Exercise:
(So far I'm being fairly successful at keeping this going.)

April 17 - 23 (not as much formal exercise with granddaughters visiting, but plenty of activity)

• Sunday ~ .61 mi. walk at Flower World/Gardening (1 ½ hours)
  • Monday ~ Total Body
  • Tuesday ~ Classical Stretch; Windsor Pilates
  • Wednesday ~ Dance Step; strength training
  • Thursday ~ .25 mi. walk/Seattle/stair climb/on my feet most of the day (Seattle Aquarium, etc.); 30 minute YouTube dance workout
  • Friday ~ Walks/hikes at Mount Vernon tulip fields (total 1+miles)
  • Saturday ~ Short walk (.68 mi.) at Silver Lake (with Iris and Sonja)
  • Sunday ~ 1 hour gardening
April 24 - 30:
  • Monday ~ Great Buns & Thighs
  • Tuesday ~ Classical Stretch/ YouTube 24 min. senior dance
  • Wednesday ~ Total Body
  • Thursday ~ 3 mi. neighborhood walk
  • Friday (travel day to the lake) ~ 1.15 mi. walk along the highway (waiting for road to open up on the hour); 1.15 mi. river walk at the lake
  • Saturday ~ Latin dance video (30 min.)
  • Sunday ~ 3.34 mi. lake walk
Healthy eating: I didn’t really even try while grandchildren were visiting, but this last week I did much better. I splurged on DH’s birthday (Saturday) when we had a pop-up birthday party at the lake with other residents. We had 10 people show up. It was fun and worth the extra calories for the day.

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: I’m just going to say my weight is about even with gaining a bit the first week and taking it off the second week. (BMI=23.6)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? It was, of course, delightful yet exhausting having my granddaughters visit the first week. We had excursions planned as well as a birthday to celebrate. This last week the highlight, as mentioned, was DH’s BD. We call them pop-up parties at the lake. I love it when there are others to help us eat a dessert so that I don’t have the leftovers to contend with (calling me). I gave DH for his birthday a list of links for dance moves tutorials. He was receptive, and we are learning the pretzel. I think it might be one of the hardest, and we'll move on to more once we are comfortable with the pretzel. I was a little surprised and pleased that he was willing to give it a try. We like to dance occasionally when we're out, but our repertoire of moves is limited. Last summer we danced on the lawn at the lake when someone hired a band for one of our annual events. Such fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Here is mine:

Exercise: Still not back in the swing. I need to pivot and pick something different until I can figure out my tv/router situation and get my Beach Body back.

Food: Doing well!. Embracing the spring flavors and eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

Now to combine these two- the exercise and the food.

Mental: Pretty good. Have been working on some personal goals which makes me feel good and spending more time reading which I have gotten away from.
My mental attitude in regards to work has greatly improved. Had to journal and sort that out within myself.

DJ- Love the dance moves! That is Great!

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for posting this! I'm game for this as long as you are game. :)

Exercise: I've been doing more exercises geared toward the muscles and less cardio. I've been focused on abs since I was neglecting them for a few months. It's been very difficult finding my rhythm while taking classes. It's quite time intensive. I've been doing them most days but missed three days in a row.

Healthy eating: I'm working on eating when hungry from 10 am to 6 pm. I've cut out the food after 7 pm. That seems to help. I'm also getting to bed most nights by 10 pm which makes evening snacking hard to do. It's funny how bad habits can creep into your life.

Mental/Emotional: I've taken a "Me first" approach to life lately. First thing in the morning goes to me. What do I want to do? It's not should do or have to do but want to do. Is it a morning walk? abs? reading? That has helped me to feel in control when life is out of control.

Reactions: AnnieClaus

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I like your "what do I want to do" @Holiday_Mom :) I also try to eat 11am-7pm, no snacking after that, sleep 9pm-5am.

My exercising is sorely lacking ... :rolleyes: I know it's stress ... dealing with DS18 OCD ritualizing, avoidance, compulsions and seeing him miserable ... then I'm miserable. But ... he's been in OCD therapy since age 9. Dec 2020, they discharged him from the clinic because he missed too many appointments. Then 2021, the OCD meds doctor also discharged him because he wasn't taking meds correctly. Sooooooooooooooooo here we are .... he has trouble getting dressed hygiene etc to leave the house. He works one day a week and he has attended on campus college classes ... but he's always always late to both. :( I know his mental state isn't great, but neither is mine now.