2022 Healthy Living Weekly Review (April 3-9):

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Here's my review ... late again ...

Exercise:

• Sunday ~ Classical Stretch
  • Monday ~ Great Buns & Thighs
  • Tuesday ~ K.Smith Step Workout (first step series with body conditioning)
  • Wednesday ~ 2 mi. walk video plus Total Body in 10 Flexibility and Balance
  • Thursday ~ 35 min. treadmill plus 45 min. gardening
  • Friday ~ YouTube dance video plus 15 minute stretch video (Yoga)
  • Saturday ~ 50 min. gardening; Classical Stretch
Healthy eating: Fair … still needs improvement.

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: -.34 (BMI=23.6)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? I really had a great week. We had Pete and Kathy over for Kaffee und Kuchen on Tuesday to celebrate Kathy’s birthday. I made a “light” lemon dessert that we all liked. DD#1 posted on FB that I gave her “the best birthday gift ever”. I had a wonderful overnight trip to Portland with Kathy where we attended a craft festival and she picked up her new mid-arm quilting machine and frame. My energy level was pretty low over the weekend, but I was able to just bum around and still did get a little exercise in.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Here's my update. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Exercise: Non- existent with the kitty surgery happening.

Eating: Better!!!! I am no longer "weird stress eating." Made it to the grocery store and bought fruit, veggies, salad makings, salmon, chicken.

Mental: Working on boundaries and saying, "No!" Last Friday my brother mentioned several times that he wanted to stay with me this week on the way to a vacation. With one room being dedicated as a "cat hospital/healing" room, and one room for me to sleep in, there just wasn't a spot for him. Plus the house needs to remain calm and quiet for kitty to heal from her surgery.
He kept bringing it up, I kept explaining the situation.
Sometimes I feel people just don't listen! They are so used to me being accommodating.
He finally must have heard because he didn't come.
Also cancelled hosting Easter.
AND told a friend (again had to say multiple times) I didn't have any interest in doing a garage sale with her.

This is BIG growth for me. I usually turn myself into a pretzel to accomodate what others want/need.

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Here's my update. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Exercise: Non- existent with the kitty surgery happening.

Eating: Better!!!! I am no longer "weird stress eating." Made it to the grocery store and bought fruit, veggies, salad makings, salmon, chicken.

Mental: Working on boundaries and saying, "No!" Last Friday my brother mentioned several times that he wanted to stay with me this week on the way to a vacation. With one room being dedicated as a "cat hospital/healing" room, and one room for me to sleep in, there just wasn't a spot for him. Plus the house needs to remain calm and quiet for kitty to heal from her surgery.
He kept bringing it up, I kept explaining the situation.
Sometimes I feel people just don't listen! They are so used to me being accommodating.
He finally must have heard because he didn't come.
Also cancelled hosting Easter.
AND told a friend (again had to say multiple times) I didn't have any interest in doing a garage sale with her.

This is BIG growth for me. I usually turn myself into a pretzel to accomodate what others want/need.

Annie
Annie, You must have fotgotten to posted the bad and ugly. I only saw the good, great and better in your post! WTG on taking care of your self and household.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Diedra- When I went to post, I thought, "Well, I haven't exercised, And, I was stress eating."
But, then I thought, "This is real life. And my word for 2022 is Consistent. And I said I would consistently post to this thread. So, here it is."

Thank you for the kudos! And always there to cheer me on!

Annie

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Annie ~ I, too, think you did great. It can be such a relief to say "no". Too bad people have such a hard time accepting that. I had a bit of stress with DDs trying to schedule summer visits and one DD hoping I could come to her to help with summer day care at the same time that my other DD's family will be here visiting us. I wish I could do it all, but everyone will manage just fine. They are grown-ups after all.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Annie, the more you say "No" the better you will feel over time. I've gotten snarky with those who pester. I've gotten thicker skin and stopped being a people pleaser. I have said "No means no means no means no. What part of 'no' do you not understand?" Sometimes I feel like I'm dealing toddlers in middle age bodies!

Exercise - Lots of rain last week so we got out when we could for a walk. I've been trying to keep up with leg stretches and working on the abs.

Eating - We had two back-to-back celebration dinners out last week. I ate breakfast, skipped lunch and then enjoyed the meal out the first night so I did it the second night. I thought that would help account for the extra calories and fat from restaurant food. I will do that again because I didn't feel gross after eating out. I usually do.

Mental - I'm trying to find a happy medium with school, work and homelife. I've made a list of 5 seasonal housework things to do around the house. When I need a break from school, I work off the list. That's helping me stay on track and not feel overwhelmed. Physical work after mental work is a nice change too.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Last week was a waste to even focus on personal health, but there was some promise. Stress was bountiful, and stress eating (or eating at all) was present. Had a call with my doctor, following my routine 6-month bloodwork, and everything is good except my LDL. It's really not that bad, but it was an up-tick from last time and edging closer to the next higher level. Given family heart history, he sent me for a "calcium score" heart scan, which looks at plaque build-up in the arteries and veins of the heart. I was prepared for the worst, expecting them to say I needed to go in for a stent or two (my dad's first by-pass [a triple] was at 49, both carotid arteries done in his late 50s, a quad by-pass in his 60s, and pacemaker-defibrillator). Instead, I'm in a far better place. Need to do better on the nutritional front (and I know that), and need to get on a better exercise regimen (and I know that). So here's to a new day and a new way!