2022 Healthy Living Weekly Review (March 20-26):

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
My Review (March 20-26):

Exercise:
  • Sunday ~ 2.25 mi. walk
  • Monday ~ Total Body
  • Tuesday ~ (No exercise … set up iPhone all day.)
  • Wednesday ~ Great Buns & Thighs + 3 sets of PT matrix shoulder exercises
  • Thursday ~ 2 mi. walk
  • Friday ~ Dance Step
  • Saturday ~ Classical stretch

Healthy eating: Not!

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: +.31 (BMI=23.6)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? This was a bit of a stressful week for me with trying to switch from an android phone to iPhone and PC to iPad. I think the PC is going to win over, I truly don’t want to spend my valuable time re-learning what I spent over 30 years to learn in the first place. I want to do other things with my life! TFL! That said, there were definitely some highlights in my week to lift my spirits. For one, the young man who assisted with our switch to Apple is delightful.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Here's mine:

Exercise
: Lots and lots of walks. Trying to finish this walking challenge. I am ready to get back to my other (before work) work outs.
Although I do love a nice long walk.

Eating:
Ok.... Was away for the weekend. At a kid's b-day party. They put out a huge bowl of kettle chips. That is one of my trigger foods and I swear I must have gone back "for just 1 or 2" about 20 times. Was disappointed in that. Opted for a healthy option when we went out to lunch at a fried chicken restaurant the next day. Blackened catfish with a side of sautéed zucchini.

Mental:
I'm struggling here. Ever since I got back from vacation, it's like I'm in a slight depression.
One thing I know is the morning routine- including the workout- really set me up to have a very good day. I got that boost of endorphins and confidence that just carried me through the day. I feel like I need to start over with that because its been a full month now. Start over I will as I saw what a positive change it had in my day/life.
And- my schedule is ramping up to what it was like pre-COVID. I need to re-evaluate my boundaries and decline on some things.
I need my down time!!!

Annie

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Thanks for the reminder to update. Doing this seems to be keeping me on track more than in the past, so thank you!

Weight is holding steady, which is a plus. I know I can do better (and will) to make that scale move more. At the 1/4 mark in the year, I'm making progress toward my goal, and that's what counts.

I'm still walking with my former co-worker on Monday mornings. We walk for a full hour and generally get 5000 to 6000 steps in. It's the rest of the week, where I need to add exercise. Hopefully the weather warms up more in the coming weeks and I can take the pup on longer walks at different parks in the area, keeping things interesting.

From the water standpoint, I'm pushing it, working to get in 4 large (24 oz) glasses minimum, plus I take a glass to the bedroom with me for overnight, in the event that I'm awake. Still feel that I need to add more, but it is difficult. I AM taking a bottle with me when I get in the car, so I have it handy, instead of grabbing a pop at the drive-thru.

From a health perspective, my wrist is almost 100%. There's still some achiness when I twist it to open a door. But I know it will get better. My blood work came back fantastic in all areas except one -- my bad cholesterol. Triglicerides were excellent, good cholesterol very good, the bad not so much. And, he advised me that they have revised (or are revising) the desirable numbers down, so I'm now really bad. Because heart disease runs in my family, he is sending me for a calcium test and I'll likely end up working with a cardiologist on getting the numbers down. Plus, I know my diet has not been what it should have been. My menu plans look good, but I need to cut back on the fats and more closely watch what I eat when I go out with my groups of friends.

Mental health continues to be a work in progress, and I'm learning to say no -- especially with freelance projects. And, some of my financial goals for the year are paying off and are helping to ease some daily stress. I just want to be in a better mental place than I have been and continue stepping forward each day.

Making progress. :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You all are inspiring!

Exercise: Well, I have done less every month. Sigh ...

Healthy eating: Ok. Sort of. LOL I like my veggies and all ... but got some goodies for my birthday .... !! LOL Trying to eat Mediterranean food.

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: 168 lbs ( -/+ stayed the same from last month) (BMI=24.11 )

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? I am emotional and stressed with poor DS's issues ... I try to have crochet time with a friend, Moms Night Out dinner times, listening to good podcasts/reading good books, walking with my friend on her farm ....

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
For those of us that have fallen off, the productivity system I follow goes by Quarters.
Quarter 1 of 2022 is finishing and a brand new Quarter is now beginning.
It's like a new year all over!!!!
Time to reassess, revitalizing and begin anew.

Annie