2022 Healthy Living Weekly Review (March 27-April 2):

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm late this week (again). Let's keep these updates going. Anyone can start the weekly thread. I don't mind.

Here's my review:

March 27-April 2:

Exerercise:

• Sunday ~ 2 mi. neighborhood walk
  • Monday ~ K. Smith Step Workout with body conditioning
  • Tuesday ~ 2.3 mi. walk
  • Wednesday ~ 3 mi. walk video with step
  • Thursday ~ 2.3 mi. neighborhood walk
  • Friday ~ Dance step; 1 mi. neighborhood stroll
  • Saturday ~ Total Body; 2 mi. walk

Healthy eating: Still needs improvement, but yet, not too terribly bad.

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: +.34 (BMI=23.8)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? Had a more quiet week but enjoyable. I’m loving watching the early spring flowers and birds coming out. I have a new Apple watch which is tracking my exercise and movement, and it seems rewarding and is inspiring me to keep it up. I haven’t set any very challenging goals though.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Hello. Here is how my week has been:

Exercise: Finished the walking challenge. Got 53 miles in. An increase of 3 miles from last year.

Food: Better. Not eating as many not-so-good snacks.

Mental: Just went through a crisis with my little cat having ingested something she shouldn't have and it caused a blockage. Which then required emergency surgery.
I am good in a crisis but I worry sometimes that I don't allow myself to feel the emotion of what is going on.
I feel like I have to be strong and not fall apart. The stress of it was unbelievable.

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My weeks that I've missed here have been going well overall.

Exercise: Dh and I have been getting out for walks once or twice a day, five days a week.

Healthy Eating: I've been doing lots of mindless snacking while studying. I have to stop that.

Mental Health: I'm taking online classes that I've wanted to take for 10 years. I was just waiting for the right time. This is it! A lot of work is required and I can say now that there is no way that I could have juggled this class when my children were younger. It is time intensive. I would not have had the time to spend on this class like I can do now. It makes me feel so much better that I trusted my gut on this.

Annie - I know what you mean about not feeling the emotion just to get through the crisis by being strong and not falling apart. That can work for a time but it does catch up. I've have learned that I sometimes need to designate a day/time for letting my emotions out. It sounds strange but it works for me. My nephew died a few weeks before Christmas and just as my dd was dealing with a traumatic situation in her life. I had to be strong for her and then I was trying to help my other dds cope with their cousin's death. I didn't grieve the way I knew that I was supposed to grieve. I started to designate times when I was just going to have a good old cry. Even that was hard. Finally, I had a chance a month later to watch a Hallmark movie and then the tears flowed.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It's a good thing when we can stay calm in stressful situations, but definitely necessary to be able to take a step back at some point to deal with the emotions. It's a little hard to imagine being able to "schedule" that time, but I can certainly see the benefit!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, scheduled time was something I learned from a friend years ago. Her brother was murdered in December when her boys were a toddler and a preschooler. Every December was tough. She felt like she was crying the whole month every year. As the boys got older, she asked her husband to watch the boys one weekend every December so she could grieve. She didn't want her boys to associate December and Christmas as "this is the time that Mom always cries." My friend said that helped her immensely.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mary- Thank you for sharing that.
I think that is something that would benefit me. Because I tend to just keep on going.
My father passed 3.5 years ago and you know- I have never had a breakdown, ugly cry over that.
I worry some of these things are building and building and I don't let it out.
I will say, last Friday, at the funeral of our neighbor that I knew my whole life. Everyone left the little chapel and I went up and placed my hand on his urn. And tears came flowing out. My SIl came up and hugged me and we both held on to each other and cried. And it felt good to do that and express that. And not feel like I had to hold it in.

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary- Thank you for sharing that.
I think that is something that would benefit me. Because I tend to just keep on going.
My father passed 3.5 years ago and you know- I have never had a breakdown, ugly cry over that.
I worry some of these things are building and building and I don't let it out.
I will say, last Friday, at the funeral of our neighbor that I knew my whole life. Everyone left the little chapel and I went up and placed my hand on his urn. And tears came flowing out. My SIl came up and hugged me and we both held on to each other and cried. And it felt good to do that and express that. And not feel like I had to hold it in.

Annie
Annie, that's so good that you let tears flow. You're allowed to cry, friend. I know you know this but if you feel like you need permission, it's been granted. ;)