2022 Healthy Living Weekly Review (March 6 – 12)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
March 6 - 12:

Exercise:

• Sunday ~ Dance Step
  • Monday ~ Total Body
  • Tuesday ~ Classical Stretch
  • Wednesday ~ Ski
  • Thursday ~ Windsor Pilates; 2 mi. walk (Silver Lake)
  • Friday ~ 30 minute cardio dance with mom (YouTube – 4000 steps)
  • Saturday ~ Great Moves step

Healthy eating: Sure need to get a handle on it! Self control!

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: +.83 for the week; BMI 23.8

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? Lots of play this week, again! I went to Open Sew and to Ben Franklin with Kathy. We sure have fun together! DH and I had a great ski day on Wednesday. Wonderful to be outside, and we had sunshine! Thursday, Kathy and I went to our Stitched Together meeting, followed by lunch at her house. I brought our leftover Joe’s Special for us to eat. Friday, I had lunch out with three friends which was loads of fun! That evening a fellow and his wife who were picking up car parts from DH accepted our invitation to eat dinner with us (leftover clam chowder, so I just had to heat it up). It was fun visiting with them, and I was glad I had something good to offer them. They had a long drive ahead of them after dinner and could have spent the night, too, but declined that offer. So … a very good week! And I even got some needed household chores done which was also good for the soul.

• Love
Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Exercise - I got in 5 hours and 45 minutes of exercise over 7 days. There were several days where I didn't walk until well into the evening. Those were the days when life interrupted my routine.

Healthy Eating - Well, it wasn't as great as normal. Dh brought home some potato chips and pretzels from his Men's Group meeting. I never buy them except when we host parties. So, once they were opened and passed around, I ate them, often. Other than that, I did ok for the week.

Mental/Emotional - Lots of stuff happening in the extended family with health issues and family dynamics. I'm trying to work through those things with journaling and trying to stay out of things that I can't contribute happiness. It's painful to watch others in pain and really not be able to help. I think the journaling helps as does spending time in prayer. The walking helps me feel like I can "walk" away from the problem.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My week last week was pretty much off course.
I had decided I would use the week for rest and reset-coming back from vacation. Well, that turned into eating badly, not exercising, not drinking enough water, and not getting up at a proper time and I just felt terrible and dragged through the week.

On the plus side- It confirmed that my new habits I implemented in January were really making a positive impact!
Particularly my morning workout time. It just sets the whole day up!

So, back to it I go!

Annie

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Mary ~ It's so tough when you have to deal with family issues. Best wishes on that front!

Annie ~ It sounds like you learned a very good lesson which should help you keep up the good work in the future!

DH and I went out with friends for afternoon pie (PI Day) and had a great time and truly wonderful pie (in place of lunch)! Dinner tonight will be leftover pizza (PI) LOL. I'm munching on carrots and celery until then, and will limit myself to two slices of pizza. I'm hoping that having the carrots and celery readily available will help me not to munch on chocolate and mixed nuts as has become my guilty pleasure.