2022 Healthy Living Weekly Review (May 2-8):

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
How was everyone's week? It went well, I hope!

Here's my review for May 2-8, 2022:

Exercise:

• Monday (travel day) ~ Classical Stretch; 30 min. Latin dance YouTube
  • Tuesday ~ Total Body
  • Wednesday ~ Great Bunns & Thighs
  • Thursday ~ Dance Step
  • Friday ~ Body Pump (weights); Potting plants
  • Saturday ~ Potting plants; 1 mi. walk video; 30 min. Latin dance YouTub e
  • Sunday ~ Classical Stretch; Potting plants

Healthy eating: Still not good. Too much afternoon snacking. I can't seem to string enough good eating days in a row to make a difference in my weight.

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: +.09 (BMI=23.6)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? It was a good week for me. I went to a couple of craft events (although I missed my buddy Kathy as she is on a trip), got to video chat with a good friend, got a nice hair cut (and I always enjoy my chats with my hairdresser), ran into a friend at the hairdresser’s and we made a date for lunch, got pampered on Mother’s Day and had a chance to talk to both DDs and their families. We also found some bright spots between rains to do some potting.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Exercise- Need to get going!!! I just need to bite the bullet and try another program until I can get my Beach Body back!

Eating- Pretty good still. Noticed I allowed myself more "treats" this past week.
Had this thought- the scale is really starting to go down now. So, then I start having treats? Am I self sabotaging?
I will do that. See positive movement and then start exhibiting behaviors that move me away from the positive and back to bad habits.
Something to keep my eye on.

Mental- I did something last Tuesday that I haven't done in 2.5 years- called in sick! And it was more for a mental health day than anything else. I spent the day in pj's reading, taking a nap, then cooking dinner. It was fabulous!!!
I need to do that more often than every 2 and a half years!!!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Mental- I did something last Tuesday that I haven't done in 2.5 years- called in sick! And it was more for a mental health day than anything else. I spent the day in pj's reading, taking a nap, then cooking dinner. It was fabulous!!!
I need to do that more often than every 2 and a half years!!!

Annie
I worked at a hospital that gave us 2 mental health days a year in addition to our regular time off/ vacation days. . Told us we could call in to say it was a mental health day and they told us Thanks for calling. No questions at all would be asked. They encouraged us to use them. Glad you enjoyed the day.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Annie ~ So glad you enjoyed your mental health day. I called in sick one day when I wasn't sick and then felt sick all day. I think it was guilty conscience. Another time I took a vacation day off and was sick all day. My employer wouldn't let me exchange it for a sick day. Go figure.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Running behind...

Exercise - Keeping up with stretches; finding time for long walks has been hard. Got a few short walks in.

Eating - Doing better with food options especially in light of rising food costs.

Mental - Rough week. The last test of the course was short answer. It's a subject area that I'm weak in. Deadline for submission was Monday at 11:59 pm. I submitted it in at 11:17 pm. I hope I don't ever have to do that again. It was so stressful. My body was tense the rest of the week. I could feel it in my jaw, my neck, my shoulders and had a headache and a migraine a couple of days. Once my results came in, I was more relaxed. I did well!

I have to work on letting get of my high expectations of myself. It just does not serve me well.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Mary ~ Be proud! Keep up your high expectations, but try to not stress as much. Easier said than done! You are who you are after all. Try wine! LOL I don't drink much, but years ago when I was taking piano lessons as an adult and we would have an afternoon lunch recital of the adult students, I would have a glass of wine in the car on the way to the recital. I didn't get at all tipsy, but it definitely helped me to relax just a tad.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have to work on letting get of my high expectations of myself. It just does not serve me well.
Mary, Just ask What is the worst that will happen if I fail a section? And in 10 years what difference will it make in your life. Will your family remember that failed it? No matter what, you will have grown with knowledge that will help you in your research. If you do fail—do it well! I doubt you will fail so enjoy stretching your mind.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mary- My body will react the exact same way when stressed.
I have learned that I really don't do well with stress or an overloaded plate at work.
Or what just happened with my kitty, Ginny.

If it lasts a long time-I find, I need to get a massage to get the feelings to pass out of my body.

I've even been considering "micro-dosing" with edibles to help.

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks, all! I think part of the problem is that the time I thought I'd have is slowly being encroached by social milestones. I'm saying no to things on the weeknights. I'll say yes to one milestone event (wedding, graduation) on the weekend. While I think I have time on the weekend to do homework, I really don't. I'll figure it out soon, I'm sure.