2022 Healthy Living

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My kids aren't gone yet, but we had one last big dinner last night planned out, so that was it for me. Today was the day I finally put the holiday food fest behind me and move on. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm ready to loose the couple pounds I've gained and set a new goal. I"m just not sure what that is yet though.
As far as exercise I'll be back in the pool 2 days a week, but I'm going to add weight lifting to start building more muscle and get my back stronger. That's the goal at least..no plan yet on how exactly I'll do that, but I hope to utilize the free session with a personal trainer I get when paying my yearly fee at the rec center.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have been journaling every day. I take my notebook to school with me and write when the students are at specials or when they are working independently. I jot down what I have done that day or am planning to do, my lists, what I did the night before, how I feel about whatever. It's been nice to keep up with it so far. Sometimes I draw a little picture, but most times not. I will work on making it more appealing to my eye, I would like to make it more visually appealing to myself. Now I need to get into my S&S since I pay for it, it's a shame to not use it. I was considering canceling my yearly subscription but they did change the layout a bit and I like the new one, so i'll consider this before doing it.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Did better this week with eating less carbs......roasted a sheet pan of veggies, and for lunch started taking sandwich fixins......turkey cheese, tomatoes and olives, with no bread. I did make banana nut bread with chocolate chips though.........

Laurie

Word for 2022 Simplify

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 5 1/2 lbs. since Jan. 1. I think a lot of it was all of the walking, bending, and stretching I did at the airports and cleaning things out at my Mom's place in TX. Now that I'm back home and we have snow and ice on the ground, I need to find a way to keep the momentum going. Making it a point to pick up the pace when going up and down the stairs, and this coming week I intend to get over to the Rec center and walk some laps on the track. Trying to keep my menus healthier, as well, and stick to them. Today, however, will be a "cheat day" while we celebrate my Mom's 85th birthday. My sister is hosting our entire family, and my mom thinks is just her coming for dinner. Surprise! DSis#4 is making lasagna and salad, I'm bringing dessert (individual pineapple upside down cakes and cheesecakes) and DSis#3 is bringing ice cream (for the kiddos). As much as I love DSis#4's cooking, I'll fill my plate with salad and stick with a small slice of lasagna.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lori, well done to you. The party for your Mum sounds lovely.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lori, Happy birthday to you mom!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was reading about the no bread sandwiches above and thought I'd share one of my favorite products. Mission carb balance tortillas. I eat them probably daily. Either for a breakfast taco with my eggs and maybe some pico or I'll make a burrito with eggs, thin precooked bacon slices and a slice of Velveeta. For lunches I make burritos with beans or use them in place of my bread for sandwiches. Literally a life saver for me. They aren't cheap, but costco carries them now and makes them much more affordable.

shopping.png

Lori I'm all about the "cheat days", but I have tried to rephrase them in my head and call them "Splurge" days. Sometimes those small subliminal messages can make a huge difference.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Reactions: luludou

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I was reading about the no bread sandwiches above and thought I'd share one of my favorite products. Mission carb balance tortillas. I eat them probably daily. Either for a breakfast taco with my eggs and maybe some pico or I'll make a burrito with eggs, thin precooked bacon slices and a slice of Velveeta. For lunches I make burritos with beans or use them in place of my bread for sandwiches. Literally a life saver for me. They aren't cheap, but costco carries them now and makes them much more affordable.

View attachment 1597

Lori I'm all about the "cheat days", but I have tried to rephrase them in my head and call them "Splurge" days. Sometimes those small subliminal messages can make a huge difference.
Thank you Michelle, I will look for them.......I like breakfast burritos too !

Laurie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Diane Denmark is super cute! Swimming in ice water! What???????? :oops: :eek:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jampss, I like Diane in Denmark and that is the thing that blows my mind... their swimming in cold water! and they are sooooo well oraganized with all the yummy treats afterwards and how they change with their big coats on.

Reactions: jampss

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was just printing off the 12 week goal tracker I bought on Etsy last year and thought maybe someone on here would like to use it as well. If you are a paper person like me, it's super nice to hang it up somewhere for the visual and check mark it off. I put my weekly countdown and weigh in chart on my closet door and then each week I posted a new water sheet as well. I keep track in the phone too, but since I'm home during the day marking it off was a great visual reminder ALL day and would make sure I got my 8 glasses or more in before I went to bed. It's also floral themed, so it's very pretty!!!! I like pretty!!

Attachments

• InspirationalWeightLossJournalFINISHED.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 14

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks for sharing Michelle! I won't use the weight loss part, but can turn it into something else. The rest is glorious and I love my paper! :)

Reactions: jampss and MinnieCo

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I found this low impact/walking video on YouTube. It was fun! The music is great. If completed, you get 3,000 steps in.
Looks like this YouTuber has others to choose from as well. Good way to get moving when you don't feel like it.

• Love
Reactions: jampss and luludou

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lucie- I will have to check that one out!!!!

Annie

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Keeping accountable with y'all helped me in Jan!! :D

January 2022 https://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-healthy-living.37569/#post-342121

Ok. February 2022 ... did I exercise?

2 Walked on my friend's uncle's farm one mile :)
3 Did 5 minute stretching with Denise Austin, Walked 1 mile with Leslie :)
5 Walked around another friend's neighborhood ... 6,333 steps :)
7 Did House Cleaning Job for 2 hours (I'm counting this! LOL)
9 Walked on my friend's uncle's farm one mile :)
10 Did 5 minute stretching with Denise Austin, Walked 1 mile with Leslie :)
14 Did 5 minute stretching with Denise Austin, Walked 1 mile with Leslie :)
16 Walked on my friend's uncle's farm one mile :)
21 Walked on my friend's uncle's farm one mile and 1/4 :)

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, I must have made it a habit. It was after 8 pm and I realized I hadn't had a chance to get any exercise in. I grabbed up some hand weights and did a couple sets of exercises for my rotator cuff (still trying to regain some strength) and finished off with a Classical Stretch video. That makes 34 days straight, since I started on New Year's Eve Day. I'm not sure how it will go tomorrow, since we will be travelling. I'm taking some exercise videos with me, though, and there's always YouTube. And thanks for the video, Annie. It looks like a good one.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
DH and I started going back to the gym. Just doing treadmill / stationary bike right now to get back into the groove of things and I started the Atkins earlier this week. Never realized how many carbs I was consuming daily!!! So far so good except for my coffee, trying to adjust with cream and no sugar or using stevia which is really harder then I thought it would be. I love my International Delight creamers.