2022 Healthy Living

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

How To Prevent Weight Gain During Menopause

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I found that the elliptical helped with toning my arms and tightened the lower belly all at the same time. As long as I have something to watch and focus, I can spend a good amount of time on the elliptical.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm stopping in to say hi. I'm still trekking away over here and honestly trying to find what works best for me. I was doing really good with Weight Watchers last year, but found that the weekly calendar set up was causing some binging I didn't like. I've worked hard the past 5 years to get out of that mind set and putting myself on a weekly point reference was kinda causing havoc. The end of the week would come and I'd want to splurge,but rather than just enjoying myself and moving on I was using the whole day excuse and just eating whatever for the day...or 2 days or the entire weekend and "starting over on Monday". Finally I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!? So I'm going back to just focusing on whole foods at the moment, while I figure out how I'm going to log and journal what I eat each day.
On a positive, exercise is going really good though. I'm uping the weights on all the equipment and adding new things all the time. Recently I started rowing. A couple months ago there was no way I could of done that, but my neck, shoulders and upper back are finally getting stronger and the muscles aren't freaking out every time I do something with them.
Everyone else still trekking along figuring this out?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Michelle ~ I'm glad you're doing so well on the exercise!

I've been exercising quite regularly, including cardio, stretches, and weights. I did end up taking the last week and a half off since we had DD and family visiting. It's good to have a little break once in a while. I'm back at it again today.

Diet-wise, I'm trying to get back on track again. I haven't really been doing too well on that front all year; and while visitors were here, I didn't even try. I didn't put on too many pounds, though, so I hope I can get my will power back. So far, so good, today anyway.