2022 - HHP - Week 14 - Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

This Week's Focus: Storage Space
With decorations the focus of this week, we'll give our storage spaces a good overhaul as we pull out boxed holiday decorations.

This Week's Household Checklist
  • Organize storage areas. Ransacking a crowded attic is nobody's idea of a good holiday time. This week, organize household storage areas as you bring forth holiday decorations. Whether it's attic, garage, closet or shed, take time to tidy up household storage.
  • Assess decor storage needs. Getting out holiday decorations, it's easy to see where the household is falling short. Make note of any needed storage containers, and add them to the shopping list. When you see them on sale, buy! Inexpensive storage organizers can help keep clutter from creeping into corners--and a neat storage area will make it easier to return decorations to their year-round home at the season's end.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Shop Cyber-Monday sales. "Black Friday" has exploded into a five-day shopping event--and all those sales can be confusing! Keep track with a printable holiday sales planner to complete your holiday shopping at bargain prices.
  • Status check. This week, review where you stand with holiday prep. Crafts projects and homemade gifts should be finished soon; check for any missing catalog or online orders. Will everything arrive in time?
  • Begin family Advent observances. Advent begins on Sunday; begin family observances now.
  • Invite a Magic Elf to visit. Will a magic elf visit your home this year? Check out this simple, sweet family tradition.
  • Continue holiday decorating. Take advantage of the post-Thanksgiving lull to bring out holiday decor and artificial Christmas trees. Families who prefer a live tree will want to wait a bit, to ensure that the tree will be fresh and green for Christmas.
  • Finish gift shopping. It's time! Complete gift shopping this week.
  • Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Every little bit helps, so wrap ahead where possible--you'll avoid a long, rushed session of "get-it-done" gift wrapping!
  • Package send-away gifts for mailing. Mail deadlines loom! Be ready to mail send-away gifts by the end of the week.
  • Mail domestic gifts. Just say "no!" to lines at the post office; visit USPS.Com to purchase postage, print shipping labels and arrange for carrier pick-up with the Click-n-Ship program--all from the convenience of home!
  • Order the Christmas ham, roast or poultry. Your meat market will thank you for ordering before the rush!
What's on your list this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Household Checklist
  • Organize storage areas.

Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Status check.
  • Begin family Advent observances.
  • Continue holiday decorating.
  • Finish gift shopping. It's time! Complete gift shopping this week.
  • Wrap gifts as they are purchased.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
organize shed: I did a major cleaning & reorganizing this summer, but I need to do a quick tidy this week - done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
decorate - done
wrap gifts
bake

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Status Check: I'm getting things done just not in the order that usually makes sense. It's in the order of what I can do at the moment. This week I was sick. The first three days were spent on the couch sleeping and/or watching Christmas movies. Decorating and gift wrapping got done in small sections of time as I had the energy. Since I called out sick/cancelled out on everything but a driving obligation for my mom, things eventually got done.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Update -- Things busy over here and moving fast to keep up but I too am not doing things in the order I usually do them. This is a weird year with the kids gone and no structure. It will be okay -- just need the big picture all to come into focus! ::). Posting details on next week's thread.

Happy2bMe - Bonus points for tidying your shed in December! We didn't finish cleaning out our garage in the Fall and I really regret it cuz the remaining clutter is in front of the Christmas Boxes! DH tripped over the mess and dropped our box of glass ornaments. :-O. Nothing broke but it made me determined that I will personally be the one to get the last load out of there.