2022 - HHP - Week 15 - Final Clean

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

This Week's Focus: Final Clean
One last push toward a clean home is our household focus on this busy week.

This Week's Household Checklist
  • Do a final pre-holiday whole-house clean. Sure, we've tackled household areas week-by-week and the deep-cleaning is done--but this week, it's time to polish up our work with a final whole-house clean. Play cleaning service this week, and give every room a top-clean session of dusting, vacuuming and final touch-up. You'll bring the entire house to a holiday-ready state. Time to celebrate!

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Wrap party! Hold an informal "wrap party" brunch or evening for friends. Work on wrapping packages together. At the end of the party, swap leftover supplies for a fresh look next year.
  • Eat from the freezer. Use stockpiled freezer meals on busy nights.
  • Plan Christmas menus. Make a simple menu plan for Christmas week. Delegation is easier if you have an idea of what's for breakfast, or lunch, or dinner.
  • Update address book. As holiday letters and Christmas cards arrive, update the address book with any changes.
  • Mail Christmas cards or holiday letters.
  • Complete gift wrapping.
  • Buy Christmas trees and/or fresh greens.
  • Check cameras and camcorders Be ready to capture the moment. Will you need to buy film, batteries, cassettes or storage media? Add any needed items to the shopping list.
  • Make an under-tree "emergency box". Use a gift-wrapped box with removable lid. Placed under the tree, it holds extra bulbs, fuses, ornament hooks and batteries.
What are your plans this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm really hoping that I feel better this week.

Household Checklist
  • Do a final pre-holiday whole-house clean.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Continue to wrap gifts.
  • Eat from the freezer.
  • Plan Christmas menus.
  • Update address book.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Holiday Menu

Us three are going with the grandparents to SC for a Christmas week vacay. So, grandma (my step mom) and I need to talk about who is making/bringing what. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have a good majority of the gifts bought and wrapped. Some things that I couldn't find in the store were bought online but they are on back order. So once again, there will be last minute wrapping happening.

I'm still working through the menu to make it simple enough for me to enjoy Christmas Day with my own family. We usually finish opening gifts around noon and then head out for dinner at 3 pm, leaving the house a complete mess. Not this year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Finish decorating the tree and fireplace and the front porch. Get the gifts into their Santa hats and wrap the bigger gifts that are left. I was going to have the LCs come over next weekend to pick up their gifts but now my Christmas will happen that day so just moving my time line up. Menu is always the same so that will be easy. Need to plan one day to bake two loaves of bread. Anything else will be extra. So feeling I’ll be ok.