2022 - HHP - Week 9 - Public Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space

Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

This Week's Focus: Living Room or Public Space

The pace of the season is picking up, with Halloween's spooks and goblins at the door. Are you ready to welcome drop-in visitors?

This week, we're moving to the living room to declutter, deep-clean and organize the place where we entertain guests. Having this area clean and ready means your focus will be on your friends, not on your furniture.

In holiday prep, we'll prepare for Halloween and make more progress on holiday gifts. Completing our Christmas cards or letters gives a great feeling of readiness as the holiday approaches.

This Week's Household Checklist

• Declutter, clean and organize the living room or public space. With the holidays hard upon us, your household's living room or public space will be on display. Prepare for family events and drop-in visitors! Remove all clutter from the living room using the STOP clutter method, then deep-clean the room. Move furniture pieces and vacuum beneath them, polish fine woods, and clean or vacuum draperies, window coverings or blinds.
  • Pare down living room décor. Once the living room is clean and free from clutter, take a minimalist's eye to the room 's decorations. Will your holiday décor shine, or will it compete with current décor items? Clear tabletops, shelves and corners for the holiday decorations to come.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Buy holiday stamps. Seasonal stamp designs will be available soon, so buy holiday stamps early for best selection. Ordering online from USPS.Com is easy and convenient, with delivery right to your mailbox!
  • Begin saving packaging materials. Recycling makes sense ... and cents. As catalog orders arrive, begin to stockpile mailing boxes and packaging material for re-use in December. Store them close to your wrap and mail center to speed holiday mailing chores.
  • Prepare to mail Christmas cards or letters. Christmas cards should be nearly finished and ready for mailing. ; Stamp envelopes and set them aside until it's time to mail them next month. Tip: Leaving envelopes unsealed makes it easy to add a newsy post-script if the spirit moves.
What are your plans for the week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Household Checklist
  • Declutter, clean and organize the living room.

Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Work on Christmas Cards. (With Christmas movies out on Hallmark and Great American Family, it will be easier to get into the spirit of writing Christmas greetings.)

Still to Do
  • Declutter, clean and organize the family room.
  • Continue to work on homemade gifts. (I forgot to even put this in to begin with. That's where a lot of my time has been going and I keep forgetting that. :rolleyes: )
  • Review gift list ideas and stocking stuffer list. (I'm starting to notice some sales at places that my dds like to shop.)
  • Decide on Thanksgiving plans. (Traditionally, we host but the last few years have been different. I need to have conversations with family this week.)

Last edited:
Reactions: happy2bme

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I bought my elf stamps but the new Hanukkah ones were not available yet.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
declutter & organize living room - done
wash walls, dust, vacuum & mop floors, wash windows curtains, clean ceiling fan, clean couch & chair, clean front door & screen door - done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
Christmas movie & music check - done

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm got through a lot this week. I'm feeling okay with the way things are going. It just seems so different this year. I can't quite place it. I don't know if it's because life is getting busier when I thought it would slow down, it just seems harder to find the time to get to things done.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Dust, declutter, and organize the living room bookshelves that hold books, DVD’s, VHS’s, cassette tapes, and knick knacks.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm got through a lot this week. I'm feeling okay with the way things are going. It just seems so different this year. I can't quite place it. I don't know if it's because life is getting busier when I thought it would slow down, it just seems harder to find the time to get to things done.
Same!