2023 - HHP - Week 7 - Bed & Bath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, the time was coming but the day is here. The Organized Home site, home to the House and Holidays Plan (HHP) is being retired. This plan has been such a gift to me. It has kept me focused when I had to deal with many of life’s ups and downs.

When CEO mentioned that she was planning on retiring a couple of years back, I had copied and pasted the information into a document. Since the website no longer has the plan online, I will post what I copied here, unless I’m asked not to do so.

Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

This Week's Focus: Linen Closet and Bathrooms

The day before Thanksgiving is no time to discover that your good tablecloth is shredded and stained. This week, we're diving into linen storage areas and tackling family bathrooms as we prepare for Christmas. We'll check linens and clean and organize bathroom areas so we're prepared for holiday primping ... and guests!

In holiday prep, we'll think ahead to what we need to wrap and ship gifts, and continue gift shopping. Try these resources to make the week's assignments fly:

This Week's Household Checklist

• Get into the bathrooms to declutter, clean and organize! From the master bathroom to the small half-bath off the hall, this is the week to focus on the household's "facilities". Clear away clutter in each bathroom, then deep-clean fixtures, floors and walls. Organize personal care storage and prepare for entertaining and guests.
  • Organize the linen closet. Linen storage areas can become a catch-all space, so rout them out this week. Return misplaced items to their homes, then organize sheets, blankets and towels to make them easy to find in busy times.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Make a pre-holiday linen check. As you declutter and organize the linen closet, make a quick linen check. If you need sheets, towels, or blankets, add them to the shopping list now.
  • Start stocking up on bathroom basics. Running out of toilet tissue isn't a major problem--unless it happens during a holiday party. Before the season begins, stock bathrooms with ample supplies to ward off embarrassment.
  • Set up a holiday wrap and mail center. Use an empty closet, corner or an under-bed organizer to gather gift wrap, ribbons, bags, tags and supplies. You'll speed gift wrapping and parcel mailing with supplies all in one place.
  • Simplify mailing chores with an account from USPS.Com. Power to the Postal Service! A free account with USPS.Com makes it easy to buy postage, print labels or arrange for carrier pickup. Better, the USPS will deliver free flat rate mailing boxes to your mailbox, then collect your labeled packages at the door under the Click-n-Ship program. No more waiting in line!
  • Buy, wrap and package overseas gifts for mailing. Next week's mailing deadline means that overseas gifts must be bought, wrapped and packaged for mailing this week. Check gift lists and complete any overseas gifts.
  • Begin shopping holiday bazaars--or swaps. It's bazaar season! Service clubs, church groups and school organizations offer great holiday savings--and a lot of fun--at holiday bazaars. Bazaar season starts in early October; add a few events to your calendar to shop for gifts and decorations. Another frugal source for gifts and decor: holiday swaps. Check your favorite online community for active swaps, where members exchange like items for holiday giving.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards. Divide the Christmas card list into five sections. Complete one section this week. Goal: to be finished writing, signing and addressing cards by November 15.

What do you want to get done this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have a number of things going on this week after work and a college visit on the weekend. If I only get the bathrooms cleaned, decluttered and organized I will be very happy. :)

This Week's Household Checklist:

• Declutter, clean and organize bathrooms.
  • Organize the linen closet.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Make a pre-holiday linen check.
  • Make a list of bathroom supplies needed. :rolleyes:
  • Double check on wrapping paper, gift bags, gift boxes, wrapping tissue, and gift tags.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards.

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just posted my followup for last week. This is a pre-travel week for me. Lots going on. Got most of my bathroom stuff decluttered this summer. Biggest thing this week is DELEGATING my family to handle their stuff. Kids bath needs a serious declutter and I'm not doing it.

HOUSE: Linen Closet and Bathrooms
  • Declutter and organize the linen closet -- Done this summer. Good for now. Every go check the cute Sheet bands on Amazon. Ordered some and LOVE them. The Bands say KING, QUEEN etc.
  • Get organized in the bathroom -- Delegating DD on hers. Master is in good shape. Guest bath is done.
  • DH said he'd build me a medicine cabinet. Fingers crossed!
HOLIDAY:
  • Linen Check. -- Okay I do kinda want a new dust ruffle in the master I might order that.
  • Start stocking up on bathroom basics. -- Stocked. Pretty sure I'm good. Do need a flu shot.
  • Set up a wrapping station. -- Needs more to happen this week. Cleared this room yesterday.
  • Buy /wrap /package overseas gifts for mailing for Next week's mailing deadline. - Halloween Box need to go out.
Also working on the yard and getting a reality check on what I can really get done. Thanksgiving is my deadline for the house. After that, Christmas is like the next day.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This is one of my favorite weeks, I have no idea why. :D

HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:

declutter & organize bathroom - done
wash walls, clean light fixture & fan, vacuum & wash floors, replace shower curtain
declutter, clean & organize linen cabinet -
done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:

restock bathroom basics - done
restock first aid kit - done
decorate for Halloween - done

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Every go check the cute Sheet bands on Amazon. Ordered some and LOVE them. The Bands say KING, QUEEN etc.
Can you tell me more about these? I'm not familiar with them.
This is one of my favorite weeks, I have no idea why. :D
This just made me smile.

The bathroom supply list is updated.

I will need to pick up some gift tags, wrapping tissue and wrapping paper once it arrives at Hobby Lobby and goes 50% off.

I changed out the cotton sheets for flannel sheets. I think I'll retire the cotton sheets I have once I find a replacement. They have lasted a quarter century.

I didn't get to the Christmas cards yet. Maybe tonight? Fingers crossed. The next two weeks are extra busy so I probably won't get to them again until November.