2nd Round of HGP (Holiday Grand Plan)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Jampss- you know you can always jump in! Besides, you've been doing a GREAT job all year with your cleaning checklists! Keep up the great work!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
One of our earlier threads on the Holiday Grand Plan.... suggests "The Master Bathroom" for Week 5.

Does that work for you?

That DOES work for me..... because I did NOT get to Week 4's room.... the Dining Room (for me). Our Master Bath is small....... and has been decluttered many times. So... I can easily add Week Four's Dining Room.... into this week's work.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Since I'm having company in June I stepped up my rooms. I have the Craft Studio/Office left to do. So I'm stuck in here where the computer sits. Major distraction. lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Whew! You guys have been BUSY!

I am jumping in late, but better late than never, right? :)

DS is almost 16 months old now and I feel like things are just starting to get back to a place where I have "me" time again. Time to think about crafting, decorating and more than daily cleaning - let alone time to check the MHH boards more often! lol I've missed being here more often!!!

Soooo....I know I've missed a few weeks but I think it will be okay to just jump in here and move forward.

I'll pick up a few tasks for the living room week and the week for closets and do my best!

I'm excited that this week is for porches - both front and side porch need a little bit of attention.

With the schedule DS is on, I don't have alot of time to work on the house on the weeknights. I have to sandwich anything extra into the time between when I get home from work and his bedtime - OR - wait until he goes to bed and hope I'm not ready to pass out by then!

Weekends seem to get away from me too - but I do have more time then - especially during nap time! Have I mentioned yet that I loooove nap times?

Anyways! Lists for this week:

Porches:
[ ] Clean outside of windows and glass on storm door on front porch
[ ] Fill and rehang bird feeder
[ ] Wipe down porch swing
[ ] Sweep front porch
[ ] Clean glass on storm door on side porch
[ ] Sweep side porch
[ ] Purchase outside entry rug (to help cut down on dirt being tracked in the house)
[ ] Find clippers and trim back bushes next to the porch
[ ] Purchase a bag of mulch and spread in all my potted flowers (looks nicer and keeps the weeds down too)
[ ] Dig out summer decor items from attic, including wooden signs for the doors

Catchup Tasks:
[ ] Work on office closet - de-clutter and rearrange as needed
[ ] Clean up scuff marks on walls in living room (Magic Erasers are my friend!)

Crafting Tasks:
[ ] Work on Father's Day project

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
AuntJamelle, Oh my gosh, I can't believe he is that old already!! What a blessing.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I agree with Ahorsesoul...... HOW can your baby be that old already, AuntJamelle?????

Anyway....... here it is Sunday, JUNE 5th.... and this week has NOT been very successful EITHER!!!!! SIGH!!!! Well........ at least..... the last two weeks were in my easy room. TODAY.... I will do SOMETHING.... in the Master Bathroom.... AND.... the Dining Room. Because.... we start ANOTHER week tomorrow!

If we are this busy now..... just think how busy we will e during the REAL Holiday Grand Plan.... with school stuff and Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!!!!! OK... I've convinced myself! We needf to keep trying to do this stuff...... NOW!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Good morning lovely ladies!!

Well... after two relatively easy weeks, I am now entering the week of the Master Bedroom.... This is a big one. Everything tends to get dumped in there when I can't figure out where else to put it!! I did declutter quite a bit at the start of the year, but somehow the clutter has made its way back!!

So, I started yesterday. Mostly finding homes for items which shouldn't be in there. I have made a rule. If I can't find a home for it, someone else will and it will get donated!!

SparkleNanna - you are right. The more we can do now while it's not so busy, the easier it will be later on :)

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I am back! My computer died two weeks ago, and I am finally back online with a new laptop.
A real change from my desktop for sure. Last week I started the kitchen, I had gotten most of it cleaned a few months back but never quite got it done. I started from the opposite side this time, hoping to get to where I had stopped the last time. My kitchen has a ton of knick-knacks, I am quite a collector so it takes awhile to clean. Will continue this week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well....the best laid plans went no where in particular for me this past week! :)

DS came down with tonsollitis on Tuesday and the rest of the week was pretty much shot. But he is feeling much better now!

Will try to play catchup as I can this week!

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Hi all!

Sparklenana twisted my arm over in the chit chat thread for today to jump in with the plan ;) Seriously, both my mom's house and my sister's house need it though so here I am.

Since I'm still staying at my sister's until the 14th of this month most of my cleaning time will be done here as a surprise for her when she gets home.

This week, I want to:

Finish the Living Room - mostly done, need to dust and vacumm still.
Scrub the Kitchen down and mop the floor
Clean the Bathroom from top to bottom
Wash, Dry and Fold the laundry she didn't get to finish before leaving

I'm not going to do the boys rooms or her bedroom, but at least the main living areas will be nice for her to come home to.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Since I'm still staying at my sister's until the 14th of this month most of my cleaning time will be done here as a surprise for her when she gets home.

What a wonderful gift for your sister.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ahorsesoul.... I agree! Dreamer is creating a wonderful surprise for her sister!!!!!

For me.... Wednesday, June 8th...... And I am working in The Kitchen this week. (Week 5?) The Kitchen is not "officially scheduled" for this week..... but I have a desire to "streamline the kitchen"..... so I can get in and out as quickly as possible..... during this horrible heat! The less "stuff" in there..... the easier it is to "clean up and get out fast!"

Bit by bit.... I am getting rid of as much as I can! Cleaning while I go!!!!

Last edited:

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Thanks ladies,

I have to scrub the stove down and mop the kitchen and bathroom floors, clean the fridge out and finish the laundry then her place will be done. Monday morning I'll do the last load of laundry bedsheets and towels so they are nice and fresh for them when they get home.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
June 10th, Friday! IN THE KITCHEN! I am so happy to be working in the kitchen this week! (And THAT.... is something that has not happened in DECADES!!!)

When I began this cleaning/decluttering journey..... years ago.... I read something very inspiring, in the newspaper, about "How the kitchen can help your New Years Resolutions come true!) The article said that..... most people make Resolutions to (1) save money (2) lose weight and (3) get organized. The article said..... the best and easiest way to do ALL THREE..... was to work on "organizing/cleaning/decluttering your kitchen!" That one project alone.... would help you with ALL THREE Big Goals!!! After I read that article.... I got up and went into the kitchen and started work! That article inspired me to get to work.... because the payoff sounded so good!

Did I complete the kitchen then? NO!!! Not for years! It's not even complete today! But it has been getting better and better over the years! (AND... so has the weight and the money and the organization! Baby Steps, mind you!)

But this week..... the kitchen has improved to the point of.... being really nice to be in! (NO REMODELLING! This is all cleaning and decluttering!!!!!)

So..... I am HAPPY to continue working In The Kitchen!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Week Seven...... in THE FAMILY ROOM!

This plan is really going by fast! I can hardly figure out which room we are in!

Week 7..... began on June 12th. Family Room suggested (of course, as always, chose your own room!)

Today is Wednesday June 15th. Monday and Tuesday of this week were tken up by "real life events" for me. So... today begins work in..... the Family Room.

Cleaning, "freshening up" and declutteing.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Good luck, hollybow!

Annie