38 Days - time is really flying by now!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Debbieoz

Retire Member
May 21, 2008
Rural Kansas
I had to work at the book fair at school this morning, so bought a few things for great nephew's first christmas. I'm the aunt that always gives books. LOL

I only have a few things left since we really cut back on our gift list this year. I would really love to find a coat for each of the kids, but without the trying them on, I don't think it will be much of a surprise.

DH left for the week for work, so I'll be able to get on-line and order a few things for him.

I think I'll try to pull out some decorating boxes this evening and see what comes out first LOL That will probably be what gets put up this week.

I still have to put the binding on my dad's quilt, then he is done. So the only thing I really have left to do is the kids.

candycane

Retire Member
Oct 7, 2008
Kentucky,USA
www.teresascrafts.etsy.com
Made it to the store today to get stuff to make my stocking holders and picked up some mini ornaments and stockings as well. I found some cute christmas puzzles for me and the kids to work on next week since school is out for Thanksgiving. Also got the bandanas for the bandana purses I'll make for gifts.

:bigsnow: :skate: :package:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I wrapped some more gifts today. I really enjoy wrapping -- as long as it is not a rush!

Soon, I am off to pick up the older grandkids at school, and bring them home. Then, I will see what I can do to help the new mom. The new father is taking a few days off this week, and he has been busy doing errands and things today. (He will sneak off for a doctors appointment of his own, while I am there.)

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
It sure is flying by! I am preparing to order the last gifts I need to online and to finish wrapping the gifts I have now. I am working on the "Spring" Cleaning to get ready to put decorations out. Besides being on the board today I haven't done anything Christmasy!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My granddaughter has her first kickball game this evening. If we feel up to it will do some shopping when the game is over.

Between DH(days) and DD(nights) work schedule, and DD and DGD trying to get move, and other things to do, feel a little stressed today to get things done.

That's ok-one day at a time, this too shall pass, slowly but surely moving forward.

NLxmasmom

Retire Member
Nov 22, 2007
Not much Christmasy happening here today. I've continued with my cleaning, trying to get everything wiped down before I decorate. I may get a chance to wrap gifts if the kids are asleep early enough. I did get lights put on my wreath, so I'm just waiting for my wreath hanger to arrive with my dd's school fundraiser.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana - the new baby is named Dylan. The new Mom and Dad are very tired. MrsSoup -- please try to line up lots of help for yourself when your new baby arrives! When I was having childen, we had a big neighborhood babysitting cooperaive. You could sit for members' children in your home. Or, at night, you could go to the other familys' home to sit while they went out. I "banked" a lot of hours, to help care for my older two when I had a new baby. I don't know if these babysitting coops exist anymore. They were very helpful and fun! An d we didn't have any relatives to help, so they were essential!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I went to the dollarstore on my way home and picked up some Christmas bags for my brother's gifts + 2 rolls of wrapping paper for the teens (Ds = simpsons Christmas & DD=tinkerbell christmas... will use this for wrapping the stocking stuffers).

and I got some small card boxes for the $$ gifts for my sister's sons (the only thing they want is money or gifts that cost more than $100... so they'll be receiving some money).

I also bought an elf hat with ears!! Either this will be used for our family picture or it may be something the elves will leave one night...

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Have spent all morning cleaning, am hoping to give everywhere a good clean this week in preparation for putting up my decorations next week. Will start next Monday and hope to have them all done by the end of the week, except for my tree.

Am going out this afternoon to get a little more shopping, and when the kids are home from school will get on with some laundry and hope to finish cleaning my windows.

Nothing particularly Christmassy today but it's all in preparation for next week.
:frosty: