4th grade holiday craft ideas?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I'm trying to think of something different to do for my son's 4th grade holiday party- oriental trading is great but I think over the years we've done many of their crafts. Anyone have a good idea for this age group? I know the boys are not usually as interested in the crafts as the girls so its hard to imagine what they would like. We only have about 10 minutes for craft time... :confused:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You could get white spatulas from the $1 store and have them paint a face on the backside of the flat part, then put a piece of colored cloth or a sock on the handle for a hat and you have a snowman.

Also, you can take the hourglass shaped ice cream sticks, paint them white, paint the top black for the hat. Use a black toothpick and glue at the base of the black painted area for the hat brim. Use an orange toothpick, cut in half, glue it on for the nose. Take a black fine tip marker and draw on eyes, mouth, and buttons. Tie a scrap of fabric around the thin part of the stick as a scarf. That will also give you a snowman.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
A couple years ago one of my kids made ornaments that were really neat at their Christmas party. They took clear glass ornament balls, squirted in 1-3 different colors of glitter glue, and gently swirled it around to cover the inside without mixing the colors too much. They then tied a Christmas-y ribbon around the top. Some also put snowflake stickers on the outside. These were made quickly and cheaply. The parent helpers used a Sharpie to write the child's name and date on them. They turned out very cute and we got many compliments from parents - I think most of them were tired of the Oriental Trading Company stuff too!

ripleysmine

Retire Member
Nov 10, 2007
Wow, just 10 min for craft time, that's not a lot of time. Do you get this amount of time daily? Which craft did you decide on?