71 Days of Christmas Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Work the usual day 7:45-5. Then go to a class 6-9 and home. Hopefully supper somewhere in there. Of course this involves 3 different towns! NO CHRISTMAS TODAY FOR ME!!!! Unless I do some pins at lunch.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
For those who like to have QVC on in the background when they have Christmas shows -- there seems to be only one today. Bethlehem Lights from 2:00 - 3:00 EST. Tomorrow there seems to be also only one, from 5:00 - 6:00 EST. Tomorrow's show seems to be a general Christmas items program.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Almost none for me either. I had some Christmas work - redoing my gift list and budget. I have shaved a third off my original budget (some was already shaved with bargains anyway) as our official budget was announced yesterday and DH's company also completed the current round of cuts - he's ok but it's clear that those who work hard are being dumped once they run out of work whereas those (cheaper) staff members who have been hiding from work for months are getting kept on. So he is looking for something before he gets shafted too. Big doom and gloom in our house at the minute - especially as we are both working extra hours anyway and so many other things are coming at us, and other disappointments too.

DD managed to have her Christmas fun last night though - I have a pack of paper cups with Christmas trees and Santa on them which are STRICTLY only for use "when the Christmas tree is up and decorated" but which DD tries to swipe every chance she gets. As I was not home last night, she swiped one on DH and had her drink with dinner out of it. Which kinda cheered me up when I saw it in the recycling pile when I got home.

I WILL do 10 minutes knitting at lunchtime though - I haven't done anything on the scarf in the office for a couple of weeks and I need to get a move on with it. And I had also decided to bring that one in the car on Friday night when we're travelling down to our families for a weekend.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nothing christmas for me either today. :frown: Work from 7:45 to 15:30, pick up DS, supper, clean up... continue putting up Halloween decorations (started last night).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I was hoping to go by Dollar Tree and see what all they have out for Halloween and Christmas, but it's pouring rain so unless it lets up we'll be staying at home today. I may start work on a Christmas countdown clipboard today. :bigsnow:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My Christmas today will mainly be MHH. I can't really do anything at home right now until after inspections. Then I'll have at it with a vengenance: sorting, sewing, wrapping. I can't wait. I suppose I could do some cross stitch little things I picked up at Goodwill.

It is a rainy day here in East Central Indiana. Kind of puts a damper on things. But we need it. I think I'll go make some coffee and wake up a little better. :0)

I know!! I'll go to Big Lots and Dollar Tree after work!! I can look at Christmas things and slap my hands if I try to buy anything!!

:bigsnow:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I'm on call today but (later) after I do my housechores, I think an afternoon of sewing and Christmas movies is ahead of me. I really need to work on the pin cushions for my workshop on Saturday, and I should cut out pj bottoms for ds and dh and then I can sit and sew on them during quiet moments.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yesterday I cleaned a room in our house to perfection....which means I moved piles of stuff into other rooms. :haha: Today I'll be moving on to another room and blasting Christmas music as I go. I'm going to make gingerbread cookies...usually do fall leaves this time of year, but I think I'll make a Santa face or two to enjoy on Rudolph Day.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Frosty Shimmer - I love your report on cleaning the room to perfection!!!!! We CAN be perfectionists -- it just depends on how we define "perfection". Later on today, I think I'll sit back with a delicious glass of wine and think about how I define "perfection". Thank you for the chuckles - that makes my step a little lighter as I dash around - trying to accomplish something before "wine time".

Already worked on finances for an hour. Now to flip the laundry, run out to the post office, farmers' market and gas station! (About time gas prices went down! They doubled the price of gas when oil went to $160 a barrel. Now oil is $80 a barrel. And they are slowly slowly slowly lowering it. Gee - they raised it so fast!)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Today I plugged into my iPod during my 15 minutes of free time and listened to some Christmas music as I was sipping my hot cider. :grin: