72 Days of Christmas Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
What will you do today to get your Christmas fix?

I have a meeting to attend first thing, them I am hoping to add my latest purchases to my gift list and review where I am with things.

I'll then do some household chores until it's time to pick up my daughter from school, then I'll take her swimming.

:frosty:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
First I have to go to work. :sad: At lunch I think I will take my little pearls and safety pins and put some together. Have an hour this week so I can usually get several done. After work I have to remember to go get the 3 bosses gift certificates for bosses day tom.. Then Thrusday we are having a potluck and a shower for a co-worker that is getting married on Saturday--so have to get my food and pick a recipe to give her with some of the ingredients for it. Actually forgot about it till I was typing this just now!!!

Hope everyone can fit something for Christmas in.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmas Fun.

I really hope I get things accomplished today. I'm starting to get that feeling of losing control. (We aren't really in control, but sometimes we do feel that we have things organized.) The new mother-to-be had some serious contractions yesterday, and had to be in bed quickly. Of course, I was happy to be asked to come over quickly. But, that event reminded me how quickly things can change and how far I am from organized for Christmas. My goal is to be ready before the baby is born, which is less than a month from now.

Looks like I'm in store for some serious Christmas fun today!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Can't think Christmas right now. Halloween is LOOMING ahead! Thanksgiving is over so I'll have time to think Halloween.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Before coming to work today, I looked over some things I had printed out last week. Over the weekend, I found plastic screw on lids (for the mixes in a jar). Today, I am mulling over what mixes to use. AND I am here at MHH, my fave place to be!!

Tonight, I may work on a small x stitch I found at Goodwill this past Saturday. :grin:

How's that?

:bigsnow:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have a busy day today. WIC appt at 9:30 and then a break until I have to pick DS up early from school for his 2:45 doc appt for his leg. Then he's supposed to have a soccer game at 5:00 if it doesn't rain. I also need to run to the store and do the dishes.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I went to the grocery store early. Some of the checkers had called in sick, so there was a long line. So -- I picked up a magazine at the check-out counter and had some Christmas fun - reading. I even let someone go ahead of me so I could finish a great article. It made me feel cheerful and happy! I didn't have to buy the magazine, either.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I've had a rotten day, but did manage to squeeze in some Christmas!

I met with one client, then had a couple of hours to kill before I could see the next one, so I left school and went to Wal-Mart (mostly to use their facilities!! LOL). I browsed through all the pretty Christmas stuff they were putting out, and looked at al the fall stuff, browsed through some clothes, picked up and thumbed through a couple of magazines....then headed out to my truck to go to lunch, then back to work. The truck wouldn't make a sound-dead as a doornail. My cell phone was also dead, so I headed back into Wal-Mart to use the pay phone. After locating the one pay phone in the store, I stood for OVER 20 MINUTES listening to a young man's conversation to someone...fortunately for him, it was in Spanish, and I don't speak the language, so I've no idea what he said. Finally, I went into the store to the service desk and asked to use their phone...after three attempts to find someone, I finally got my brother, who came over and helped me. Turns out it was just a loose battery cable, but shesh...what a day! So, then I'd missed my appointment by then so I just came home.

But, boy those ornaments were pretty!!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Cathymac said:
I've had a rotten day, but did manage to squeeze in some Christmas!

I met with one client, then had a couple of hours to kill before I could see the next one, so I left school and went to Wal-Mart (mostly to use their facilities!! LOL). I browsed through all the pretty Christmas stuff they were putting out, and looked at al the fall stuff, browsed through some clothes, picked up and thumbed through a couple of magazines....then headed out to my truck to go to lunch, then back to work. The truck wouldn't make a sound-dead as a doornail. My cell phone was also dead, so I headed back into Wal-Mart to use the pay phone. After locating the one pay phone in the store, I stood for OVER 20 MINUTES listening to a young man's conversation to someone...fortunately for him, it was in Spanish, and I don't speak the language, so I've no idea what he said. Finally, I went into the store to the service desk and asked to use their phone...after three attempts to find someone, I finally got my brother, who came over and helped me. Turns out it was just a loose battery cable, but shesh...what a day! So, then I'd missed my appointment by then so I just came home.

But, boy those ornaments were pretty!!

Oh, Cathymac! You have had a rotten day. Car trouble is NEVER fun. Glad it was no worse than a loose cable. I would have been livid if I'd had to wait 20 minutes to use a phone!! Some people just haven't learned manners! But, I sure am glad you got to get some Christmas looking done for yourself. So see....it wasn't a totally rotten day!! :rotflol: When you have Christmas in your heart, you have it made!

:bigsnow:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is almost 3:00 here. I have done a lot of errands, cooking and laundry. It is hot outside (80 degrees) and it hasn't rained for quite a while. I should water the perennials. But -if I do - i KNOW I won't get anything done for Christmas. So - I am making an "executive decision" -- that I will not work in the garden today. I will just tidy up my bedroom - and then work on Christmas things.

I'll report back later to let you know how things go.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Cathy, sorry for your rough day.

I also got to look at the pretty ornaments at Walmart today. They were putting the trees up too. I found a magnetic wreath holder so I bought one for my door. The regular wreath hangers are too thick to go over the top of my door so I was excited they had these this year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I stopped by Hallmark today. I picked up one gift for dd, dil and two friends. A few minutes after leaving, I was walking into my house I had an image of a photo frame I had walked by in the store. It had stones on the frame. Funny how it didn't register when I was in the store. The cashiers laughed when I came back in just a few minutes. They only had two so I'll check another Hallmark for one more.

Last year when we visited dh kids, I took a photo of dh and his kids at the cemetery where his mother is buried. It's of the three of them looking at the Family headstone so this photo frame with stones on it is just perfect. So that will be their Family History Christmas Gift this year.

Love being able to put check marks next to their names for Christmas Gifts!!!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Cathymac-glad it was just a cable but GEEEZZ...glad you got a little Christmas in there anyway!
For me, being here at MHH is it for Christmas fun today, but does it get any better?? :santalol:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, work was alittle hectic this afternoon. My boss ended up being gone all day instead of half a day for a doctors appt. and towards afternoon the computers all went haywire. After work ran to grocery store for Thursday items. Will have that potluck and I am taking Grape Salad and we all went in on a gift certificate and then we are to take a recipe and buy the (or some of) ingredients to make it. I did Green Bean and Rice Casserole so she will just have to put 1 cup of milk and salt and pepper with it. Anyway, got gas ($2.65), got the 3 bosses gift certificates and ran by Kentucky Fried Chicken to get supper and bring home. Of course had to come check MHH and then will make a few copies of recipes to finish up my nephews and his girlfriends cookbook for Christmas. Hand wrote over 32 and filled the slots in book so now want to copy about 5 or 6 and it will be done! DH and DS went to my BIL's to get a box of material that he brought over the week-end at a sale for a couple of dollars. DD will go thru it for her quilts that she is planning on making.