73 Days of Christmas Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
73 Days! Do you notice how that number is shrinking so quickly!!!!! Why does time go so quickly now ... and creep by so slowly in August?

Thanksgiving in Canada - and Halloween in the USA do take a lot of holiday attention.

But.... Fun! People! Fun!!!!

OK, lots of things are FUN. I will try for Christmas Fun myself today!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have a doctor appt. this morning. Today i'll probably continue reading my last library book so I can return them all and get some more later this week. I would like to try and complete the one clipboard Halloween countdown I started a while back. I got a sticker set from Walmart the other day so the kids made pictures yesterday and I think i'll use some of the stickers to finish it.

If i'm really feeling crafty I may start on a Christmas countdown so that I can actually use it this year. LOL Or give it as a gift.

grammea

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2008
Wow, I seriously need to get organized!!
I am sooo glad I joined.
First I need to get into the front room closet and write down each and every present I have.
Then I need to get a list of all the presents I need!!
Then I need to all the presents I can and want to make,breaking that down with a timelone.
Ok laidies, think I can do it?
I will first of course be reading each and every post on this wonderful board to help in all that I must do.
Along with the little bit and pieces of every day life, of cours,LOL!!
Hugs and God bless,
Helen(grammea)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Grammea -- you can do everything you NEED to do to have a wonderful Christmas! I think the secret (for us all) is to be realistic about what we NEED to DO! And to leave plenty of time for the enjoying!!! A huge part of the enjoying is reading these posts. I know you will have a wonderful time doing that!

MrsSoup - a Christmas Countdown Calendar - with stickers - sounds so nice! I definitely want one too!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
What I need to do, but don't know if I will get to it, is to go thru my notebooks, update, and purge things that I won't use this year. I have printed TONS of ideas, and know I won't have time to get to most of them. I finally got the last fall birthday gift for later this month. So all shopping for fall birthdays and Christmas is done. You're right, SparkleNana; the time IS going quickly!!! Before we know it, our fave holiday will be here, and we will gladly celebrate with each other!!

:bigsnow:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Pam - what a beautiful thought!!! Yes - I DO want to celebrate with you and ALL my beloved friends here at our Magical Holiday Home. Who better to celebrate with - than the friends who are with us through thick and thin! And who love Christmas (and the holidays) as much as we do! This group KNOWS how to celebrate!

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
I need to so get organized!! Oh man, I am so glad that I found this website!! I can't wait for the holidays, I am going to the library today to pick some books for my daughter and I to read together and then myself! Gotta be selfish when it comes to reading!!

Tiffani :hat:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Having had a successful day writing at work (I am not yet done, but I am making progress and that feels good), I intend to go home and feed the family (with the chilli that DH made last night after doing our ironing and while making last night's dinner - he's a definite keeper!!). Then I hope to get half an hour more on my work report, and maybe a couple of hours decluttering the guest bedroom (working on clearing the beds first and then my "out of season wardrobe"), finally getting another half hour knitting while watching the late evening news before bed.

So maybe that doesn't sound like true fun, but it leaves me with a good sense of satisfaction for a decent day's efforts.

TerryMaine

Retire Member
Oct 10, 2008
Got to pick up the car today, this morning. because the repairman worked on Sunday to get it done. Nice of him, but one of the belts
squeaks and dh thinks it is too loose. Belt is new, perhaps needs a break in period. He thinks no way. Will you call the man back and
ask him to check it out?? No says dh....but is still fussing.
I will be glad he has to go back to work tomorrow at 5:eek:o am. I got so little done again today. I feel like I am not getting far enough
on toward Christmas. Have the Fall decos out and have a sprinkle of Halloween through. Will put out the pumpkins/jack'o'lantern on
the 24th.
Officially notified that DD#1 and family will NOT be here for Thanksgiving. Easier for me perhaps this year. Can cut down on the bird
size as the grands won't be picking out a 20 pounder. :turkey:

Must do laundry tomorrow and vacuum all the dead grass tracked in onto the carpet. You'd think there wasn't a door mat at either door. I am having too much ache in my feet (arthritis in all those little joints - you shoulda seen the scan! Scary!) to be walking
and heaving much. Tomorrow will be better and I'm looking forward to it. ;-)

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I had a lovely day, I went shopping to our local shopping mall and managed to buy a couple of Christmas gifts, and I also researched a couple more. Had plenty of time to browse around all of the Christmas things, which is my favourite thing to do at this time of year. Stopped of at Starbucks for a latte which is an absolute must. Later on went to DIY store to get some more supplies required for the project we are working on at the moment - converting our old garage into a play room and a laundry room. Fingers crossed it will be finished by Christmas.
:frosty:

I forgot to mention one of the most exciting parts of the day, I went into the magazine store and found my first Christmas mag of this year - of couse I just had to buy it!