75 Days of Christmas Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy Saturday, friends!

Do you have room in your schedule today for some Christmas fun? Or is Saturday the busiest day of the week for you?

If you will be working at home today, QVC seems to be having lots of Christmas shows today. On the USA east coast, there is one from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. And more seem to go on right after that.

Does ANYONE remember QVC starting Christmas shows this early in October (except for their normal October 25 Christmas Show?) This seems unusual to me. I wonder if it is like Wal Mart bringing out their Christmas stuff early -- because of the bad world economy.

Well, our own "Christmas cheer economy" is not bad this year. Having earlier Christmas shows on QVC gives us an opportunity to do boring work at home, while keeping QVC on in the background. We do not have to buy anything to enjoy the spirit! (If we truly love something, we can look for something similar in the 75% or 90% off after-Christmas sales in stores.)

Will you be able to have any Christmas fun today?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, I am off today! And also for the next 2. My two nieces stayed last nite. (3 yo and 5 yo) Went to bed early but talked till midnite and the 3 yo was up about 5 but is now back on the couch. Told them we would make smiley face pancakes, then one wants to do cookies and the other a cake. Also told them we would make an ornament my their parents for Christmas. So..... Not sure if I will take them home or not. My sister has all my grandmas Christmas stuff from when we cleaned her house out back in July down in her basement and we had all talked of going thru it but will see. Otherwise I need to sew on some items.

If I am not to tired from these young-uns! LOL My DS (will be 24 on 10-31) and DD is 21 so not use to the young ones. My sister also has a 2 yo but she kept him at home. I offered. Told my DH grandkids might do us in someday!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana - little kids ARE exhausting! But what a wonderful, fun time you are giving them! And think of how wonderful it is for your sister to have the break!!! You are doing good!!! :package:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
A little of everything today, a little housework, a little errand-running, a little Christmas music to do it all to!! :grin:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We have a busy day today. First soccer pictures at 8:30 and then a game at 9. Then we're heading to the pumpkin patch about 35 minutes away.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Mrs.Soup -- thank you for that link on your Christmas website. The video oncreating a Christmas Pocket Planner is great!

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
We will get our news and surgery schedule for my DH Monday, so this weekend, we are playing !!! Craft fairs, Rod Runs, its beautiful here today and we will spend the entire weekend with lots of family and friends !!!!!! Cant wait !!!! It will get his mind, my mind and our grown childrens mind off of things till next week..... Craft booths here I come, money and camera in hand to steal ideas for what I can make for Christmas and BUY the items that I cant live without !!!!!!
Have a great weekend, everyone !

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Today is "Old Fashioned Day" on the courthouse square downtown-it's a craft show, mostly, with a few other things thrown in for good measure. It used to be really good, but the last few years-not so much. Kind of the same old stuff you see everywhere...I'm not sure if I'll go down there or not.

We are still in Halloween party mode here-we'll be working in the yard getting things ready for the Boo!Bash2 on October 25-only 2 weeks away now! Wow-time is flying, isn't it?

Not much Christmas, but I may get to pick up my "new" vehicle today, so that will seem like Christmas!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dakotasmamaw -- your family's weekend plans sound great! You are so smart to take your camera (and your money) to the craft fair -- and really immerse yourself in new ideas!

Cathymac -- it is disappointing when an event you have enjoyed in the past, begins to go downhill. I am still in the Halloween mode too. I think it is safe to start buying candy. I just checked the date, and Daylight Savings Time does not end until after Thanksgiving again this year. That gives another hour of daylight for the trick-or-treaters. :jack:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Went to Ikea with my mom and her friend this morning. My mom bought a couple of christmas gifts there, so she did something christmas related. tonight my hubby and i are going to a potluck/bonfire/hayride thingy with friends of his so that should be fun. I'm fighting an earache, sore throat, ugh so i hope i feel better and have fun. :batty:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today is festival in our town... so no Christmas! even though I did look at some of the handicraft offered for sale. We have lots of family here and tonight we have a supper put music show afterwards....

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I actually did manage to get some Christmas in today afterall. I went to Walmart and saw Peppermint Mocha Coffee-Mate creamer so I picked up a container. I also got Taste of Home Christmas Country Style. It's got some great recipes and even some craft ideas in the back. I'm going to try my new creamer tomorrow!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Please let us now what you think of the new creamer, MrsSoup! I heard about a creamer named "Sweet Italian Cream" on MyMerryChristmas. It is heavenly! (It is in the dairy case.) So far, I have only been able to find it at one store - and they run out of it.