81 Days of Christmas Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK, you get to have fun today. Yes, it is Monday. The US election campaign is supposed to get very ugly for the next month. The world economic news is not great. Christmas is still Christmas! And you still get to have fun today!!

I may read something Christmassy today. I really love reading about my MHH family finding terrific bargains!! And I love reading about them making delicious things to eat! And I love it when one of us hits a bad patch, and others rush to support her!

So, what will you do for fun today? Please share if you get a chance!

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
My friend and I are going out today to shop and decorate our houses for fall. Hay bales, pumpkins, scarecrows...you name it. We haven't gotten it done yet, and our front porches are screaming..."DECORATE ME !!!!!" She even said, "We'll take my car, and even if we have to make two trips, we'll get it done". I'm so excited. It really is beginning to feel like the holiday season is here. I know it's not Christmas, but it can't be far behind.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This week is very busy... no Christmas fun here.... I'll pick up with a vengeance next week!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I will not let the economy change the family's enjoyment of the Holidays. Planning ahead prevents this from happening.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Off work today, going to take some things to Goodwill, and then go right in the store and shop some more! Looking for anything Christmasy and costume do-dads for DD...for fun will try to watch a Christmas movie, and catch up on my MHH reading! :grin:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
The only Christmas fun I'll be getting today is checking in with all my loyal friends here at MHH, which is wonderful I feel cheated if I don't manage to visit here at least once a day. I may get my Christmas Notebook out later when my children have gone to bed, and see where I am up to. Have a wonderful day everyone!

:frosty:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, I thought I wouldn't get to have any Christmas fun today, because I had a meeting after work but was at work a couple of hours and came home. Sore throat and such an achy back. Told my boss I really didn't want to leave but she said you look pale and can't really talk so.......... Suppose I will do a few loads and pick up alittle and then craft. I am actually off on Thrusday so might get something done. We are closed next Monday!

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Hi Everyone,
I'll be going to the library today to check out some Christmas novels. I tried to read a regular one and it just didn't hold my attention. Too much Christmas on the brain. :grin: I'll pick some books for my little ones as well. I think they are destined to be Christmas addicts, too :grin:

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I found the movie, Polar Express in walmart. I thought it would be harder than that. I gave my dgd one for Christmas last year and she lost it. She told me the other day she wanted that so it's a relief I found it this early. :pink:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Today I went to Dollar Tree on my lunch break. I picked a few more photo ornaments for the office tree this year. I'm decorating the entire office this year. It's going to look great. Can't wait to get started.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
aggy said:
Today I went to Dollar Tree on my lunch break. I picked a few more photo ornaments for the office tree this year. I'm decorating the entire office this year. It's going to look great. Can't wait to get started.

aggy, I got some of those ornaments last Friday for my children. At DGS's b/d party on Sunday, I forgot to take them for my sons. Now they have to wait till Thanksgiving. :haha: But they are so cute! I got one of each of the three designs!! Love that store!!

:bigsnow:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Pam aren't they cute. Plus they have a nice weight to them. I got all six - bell, ornament, angel, Christmas tree, sleigh, Christmas sock. I had some already from last year and was hoping they would have more this year. When I saw them I immediately grabbed them because if I tried to go back for them later, they would be gone. :pink:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
aggy said:
Pam aren't they cute. Plus they have a nice weight to them. I got all six - bell, ornament, angel, Christmas tree, sleigh, Christmas sock. I had some already from last year and was hoping they would have more this year. When I saw them I immediately grabbed them because if I tried to go back for them later, they would be gone. :pink:

aggy, they ARE so cute!! But, I only saw three: sleigh, tree, ornament. I'm going back tonite after work to see if they have the others. I bought them for my children, but I think Mom needs them, too. :haha:

:bigsnow: