83 days of Christmas celebrations

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
... hope it's ok if I start the topic.

Today bought some wine (I bought another bottle the other day)... to bring when we're invited to a Christmas party and for when people will be dropping by during the holidays.. one at a time doesn't seem to drain the budget as much.

and bought all the ingredients to make the orange balls this weekend.

oops... checked the threads and it's supposed to be 83 today.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, it's cool and raining here...the house is quiet right now-DH and the little munchkins are out, and DS15 and I are here alone...and he's sniffly and not feeling well, so he's lying low. I'm catching up on my blog tours and MHH this morning, and planning to post on my blogs in a few minutes, and totally ignoring the pile of dishes in the kithen sink, the mountain of laundry in the laundry room and the stench coming from the boys' bathroom, if only for a little moment in time!! I'm not sure how long I can ignore that stench, but I'm determined to get my blogs caught up...and I"m watching "The Holiday" on tv-I love that movie, makes me feel very Christmasy!!!

Later I have to run to the grocery store but I'm thinking I'll pop into Kirkland's and Target and see what they have on sale!! Maybe I can make a gift out of something in the One Dollar Spot at Target!! Oh, and I need to finish my fall/Halloween decorating today...if I can FIND MY STUFF!! :hat: It's gotten shoved to the back of the storage shed, so I'm revamping my ideas and using what I have accessable...might be interesting!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Luludou - it is GREAT that you started the thread!!! We need our fun thread every day. Everyone is welcome to start it!!!

For me, today, I found a Yankee Candle Christmas tin (small size) at our thrift shop, which looked like it had been lit only once. It cost 25 cents. I am going to light it today. And put on the television set, and wrap and organize gifts! And work on the notebook. (I hope.)

I have been putting out outside Halloween decorations (non-scary ones). I just love them. For me, the holiday season really begins to sing on October 1st. That is when I put out the first outside Halloween decorations.

There is also a lot of Thanksgiving talk, because a new baby will be born mid-November, and the arrangements may be different this year. Of course, I stand ready to host Thanksgiving, since you know that I love parties. My husband (who does not love parties) is happy to host Thanksgiving, because he loves family gatherings. We usually have a big brunch for family members on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, anyway.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I think I will check out the going out of business sale in town here today. I saw they had put out their Christmas items and now it was announced yesterday that they are going out of business. So I will stop in there and look for anything I may need to pick up.