84 Days of Christmas fun!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Oops, missed a few days there. But what kind of Christmas fun will you be having today?

Personally, I've already browsed a few new lists and crafts ideas (started following links from here and ended up in some lovely places!!). I've gotten inspiration for a couple of gifts that I was stuck on, as well as proper instructions for one that I had in my head but was unsure of making up. I've even gotten an idea for DH's aunt, who is very difficult to buy for (and even more magical, it involves regifting a "tea for one" set that is truly beautiful and her - lovely tea roses pattern that is too chintzy for me but she will adore, and when added to the makings of tea, and maybe some homemade biscuits to nibble with it, will be perfect!).

And at lunchbreak (in about an hour), I will be heading across the park to visit the new branch of my favourite wools shop (they were only close to home so a weekend place to visit, but now have opened a branch in town so I can browse in peace!!).

What are you doing for your bit of Christmas fun and magic today?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've started a crochet frog for my niece last night. Will be working on it tonight. Found a new idea for a Christmas gift for my nephew or son.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im working on a stichery and some new ornaments....

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Yesterday I finished cutting out the felts for my nephew and started the stocking hat for my father in law. My list of things to make is getting smaller!!!

I have some baking to do today so I am not sure I will get much "Christmasy" stuff done today. Banana bread and regular bread....

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm going to start addressing some Christmas card envelopes today so they'll be out of the way. Maybe play some Christmas music while I'm at it.

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Hi Everyone,

I'll be browsing for a hopefully inexpensive coat for my sister. We're finally seeing a cooling trend here. After that, I'll be shopping for Christmas presents for my husband. Dillard's is taking 40% off their final price, so hopefully I'll be able to find him some nice things for him.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
I only got through the first three answers to the "84 days of Christmas fun" when I realized...1) it's cold outside 2) I'm drinking hot apple cider 3) I've been running around all day and this is my first chance to sit 4) I deserve some Christmas fun ! SO...I'm off to watch Christmas with the Kranks for 30 minutes before the first of children get home from school. I promise to come back and read about everyone else's fun too.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
nursemomtothree said:
I only got through the first three answers to the "84 days of Christmas fun" when I realized...1) it's cold outside 2) I'm drinking hot apple cider 3) I've been running around all day and this is my first chance to sit 4) I deserve some Christmas fun ! SO...I'm off to watch Christmas with the Kranks for 30 minutes before the first of children get home from school. I promise to come back and read about everyone else's fun too.

I love that movie. I may watch it while I am off this weekend!!

:bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
On the way home from my grown up job, I stopped at Goodwill to browse for Halloween costume elements-specifically a foofy gown that will fit my big ol behind and a man's suit jacket for DS's "Joker" costume. No luck on either, but I did find a set of 4 Christmas tree dessert plates for 50 cents each. I didn't get them, but I'm going to stop by there in the morning after my staff meeting and get them. Does that count??

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
cathymac- I would say that counts. I guess my Christmas fun today was listening to holiday music while on this site and seeing that the Christmas stuff is being put out at Walmart.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I had to go out and sit while we had a repair man at work so had a magazine in purse and found a few recipes to try possibly for Christmas trays and for appetizers.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I sat down and finished my gift list and stocking stuffer list It is my goal to have my stocking stuffers all purchased this month. It's such a busy month LOL hopefully I can do it. I tried to get it all done in Oct last year and didn't make it. maybe this is the year :grin:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i watched deck the halls movie and christmas vacation. love that movie :grin:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I wasn't able to get on and post here for many days. That felt horrible! Gingerbug patiently rescued me. I am so glad she did. It was terrible to be out there in the cold ...able to read posts from my friends here ...but not able to respond to them. This is just one of the many many many kindnesses Gingerbug does for us by creating and maintaining this board.