88 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh - thank goodness! I forgot my password and I couldn't get back on MHH! Whew! Please, somebody do start our days of fun countdown when I don't start it. Fun is so important to us. I don't think we can go on long without fun. I know I can't.

i am SO appreciative to be back at MHH! This is fun for me.

How about you? The Christmas possibilities are endless, aren't they? Just a little tiny something for your own self today?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am actually having a bizarre, perverse kind of fun this WHOLE WEEKEND! I am watching the Congress and the Administration spend $700 billion of our tax dollars on something I cannot understand at all.

And this is on top of what -- $200 billion they have already spent this month bailibng out Fannie and Freddie and bankrupt banks.

It makes me incredibly nervous to watch the talking heads on CNN, Fox, and MSNBC -- so I am using that huge amount of nervous energy to clean and decluter! This almost NEVER happens to me - although I read about other people on the board who use emotions of anger or stress to clean!

I am not kidding -- I do not have any idea WHAT they are going to do with the $700 billion of taxpayer money that they are going to spend. And apparently they want to spend it by SUNDAY NIGHT!

So - I am watching with huge fascination -- like you watch a huge train wreck - and cleaning and declutering like mad while I watch!

So far I only understand TWO facts.

Fact One: Treasury Secretary Paulson was head of some big Wall Street firm before he came to DC (Goldman Sachs or Bear Stern or something) and he wants our taxpayers $700 billion to be GIVEN TO THAT FIRM for the bailout. But he will give taxpayers some "dividend" back, sometime, maybe.

Fact Two: The Iraqi government has expressed concern today about the US (the first concern I have ever heard them express about the US.) The concern which the Iraqi government expressed was that the current financial crisis in the US would not in any way affect the US ability to keep giving them $10 billion a month.

If anybody else knows any other facts about this situation, please share!

Meanwhile, I will be frantically cleaning.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well, we went shopping all morning! I'm SO tired!!!! Costco, Walmart and of course DH's fav store (canadian tire & Réno Dépot).

1 christmas gift bought = pyjama for Dniece at Costco's

and I bought a new Crockpot at walmart (mine looks like it might break in two very soon there is a fine break line all around it)

I bought myself a new pyjama at Costco too!

and lots & lots of food, paper towels, toilet paper rolls (should have enough till Christmas!).. so now I have to try and find a place to put everything OMG!!!

I wanted to make crafts & recipes today! well.... another time I guess.

Now I have to go clean up and dust everywhere. ...

I've got an IDEA... CHRISTMAS MUSIC while I work!!! yay!

VeronicaM

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
I've been prowling around in my Mom's Halloween and Christmas Storage building and BOY did I hit the motherload :hat: seriously dozens and dozens of boxes of Halloween stuff :) So I'm officially starting the decorating for the house this week--and I'm making Christmas Goodies for my 1st craft sale in November

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I have been doing a little work on my Christmas Notebook - as I like to keep it in tip top condition. Now I am catching up here with my friends at MHH - what more could I ask for.

:party:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I bought two Christmas presents - both for DS23. He asked for them last year and since they are both popular tools accessories that disappear near Christmas, I picked them up.
I called DS about exchanging names between our families. We have always bought for EVERYONE :grin: and with the economy, no one seems to be able to do it this year. Things will be different this year - not sure I like it :frown: , but we both have children in their early twenties who are just starting jobs, some still in college, some expecting their first children and they just can't afford it. So I suggeted drawing names, but none of them wanted to do that. This year each family will only buy for their own immediate family. :rudolph:
Christmas is about family anyway - so we plan to get together for one big family meal with no gift exchanging. Now planning what to cook!!!!