92 DAYS OF FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Fun, fun, fun! I need it! I want it!

By the way, everyone is invited to start the countdown "DAYS OF FUN" thread! I'm with grandchildren this week, and don't get to the computer much - so please, help yourself anytime!

OK - fun...... well, someone recently said to me:

"Grandchildren are the ONLY thing in life that is not overrated!"

I think that about sums it up. Grandchildren give that much pleasure and joy!!! So - my Christmas fun today is being with grandchildren. And when their parents return and take over....... then I think I will take a trip to one or more stores - to spend some quality time just enjoying Christmas decorations - whatever they've got! I love to look at them, pick them up, study them from all angels, think about them.... I really don't have space for many - or any - more purchases...even if I had the money.....but that doesn't stop me from immersing myself in them in the stores.
:skate:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
You just described me to a T. :haha: I love to go to the stores and look at the decorations. Lord knows I don't need anything else...though I can't go without buying ornaments every year. I just gave my DBFF some decorations that I won't be using anymore. I think I'm going to stop in a couple of stores inbetween jobs this afternoon.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm another "Christmas looker" here...one of my favorite fall things to do is to go "Christmas Looking" as my friend and I call it..we make a day of it, looking at all the beautiful decorations and ornaments, picking out Christmas gifts for friends and family as if money was no object..it's all fantasy, so the bigger the better...then we have lunch and lattes and go to shops that we normally don't go to..and the funny thing is I usually get some good ideas for gifts, just scaled down to my budget! I need to get that scheduled for this year!!

I am not a grandmother yet, but I am baby sitting my great nephew-he's the closest thling to a grandchild that we'll have for a while (at least that's the plan!), so we totally enjoy him as if he was a grandchild. So, that's what I'm doing on this last day of freedom before starting my new job tomorrow!! :applause:

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
We watched "Deck the Halls" this morning. Cute movie. I am working on Christmas gifts as time allows today.

I worked on my Christmas blog last night... I also talked to my mom last night on the phone. I am excited that they are still planning to visit us for Christmas.

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I have several of my favorite December/Christmas issues of magazines. Today I will go through them yet again because I always find something I like that I didn't see the first 32 times.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Today, having battled computer problems all day, I did address more of my Christmas cards (the ones for church are now finished). That's about all I can do right now. I have DGS baseball game tonight after work, so that pretty much eliminates a lot of other stuff for holiday planning when I finally get home.

I did watch Meet Me in St. Louis on Sunday. I just love that movie!!

:bigsnow:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well I'm trying to finish my elf quillow tonight. Today was day off work, but dentist and twice to the orthodontist with DS... braces are removed!! yay!

pkcrafty

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Central Arkansas
My SIL came over for coffee and we looked at websites we heard about, but haven't visited. We got some great ideas for new gifts we can make and order for our family. Then we looked through our newest catalogs and magazines to add recipes to our Christmas bake day. Yummmm! :globe:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At lunch I looked at a magazine that I took to get ideals for jar mixes. That was about it. Had to get hair cut after work and then supper and a few dishes and check on here and now bedtime.