98 Days of Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I hope you have some fun today! You deserve it very very much!

Here is my fun for today. You know how friends and family add so much to our Christmas joy. Today, I decided to enjoy my contact with friends and family AS IF I were seeing them, or talking to them on the phone or by email - at Christmas!

There was a big time mix-up -- and I had to drop everything and take my daughter-in-law to the airport! I just enjoyed every minute of being with her - hearing about her trip, and just enjoying how pretty and adorable she is! Then, my son who lives far away called -- and my husband got on the phone too. We both just soaked up the details of hearing about what is going on in his life, and told him how much we love him.

Oh - and when I got back from the airport trip, one of my favorite neighbors was walking her little boy to school. I just locked the groceries in the car -- and walked along with them. It was so nice to be part of that stream of families walking to school in the morning sunshine. My neighbor said "I just feel that we haven't caught up since the summer ended." Well -- we made a big step towards catching up this morning.

Each time, I really felt how much I love and enjoy these people. I don't have to wait for Christmas to enjoy these feelings! And - neither do you!

And remember - we are your family here too. And we love it when you visit!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Walking to school would be so cool! I've always wanted to do that, but we never lived close enough. I was walking my boys to the bus stop at the beginning of the school year, but now they ride with my brother, so when they leave at 7:15, mom and i hit the road and get our 2 1/2 mile walk in. It's nice this time of year...

This morning I met up with a neighbor and we stood in the street and talked a few minutes. We are planning a big street long yard sale next week and she told me she is going to have a 7' Christmas tree for sale! I've already told her to put my name on it!! Whoo hoo!! The proceeds from my sale (what I don't spend on everyone else's stuff!!) will go toward the Boo!Bash2 on October 25! Now that I have to BUY pumpkins (thanks again, Gustav), every little bit of "extra" cash will help!!

Great thread!! Let's keep it going!!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My wild card Wednesday will be on my lunch hour when I take my car in to see why the check engine light came on this a.m. I am praying it is nothing major, please God? :thud: :help:

:bigsnow:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Ok, I am so bummed that I put my reply in the wrong forum. Sorry. It really is a wild card Wednesday!! :thud:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Better news about the car: the gas attendant didn't screw the gas cap on tightly when I got gas last Friday. The engine light just came on today. This has happened to me before. Praise the Lord!!! Didn't cost me a dime. PTL again!!! :applause:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
SparkleNana, I love reading your posts. How I wish I could express myself as well as you do and that you were my neighbour.

:flower:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Pam, i am so happy the car was nothing serious. My van is being picked up today and i am also praying that it is nothing serious.

SparkleNana, ditto what Snowbelle said, you bring so much warmth to these boards.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Snowbelle27 said:
SparkleNana, I love reading your posts. How I wish I could express myself as well as you do and that you were my neighbour.

:flower:

I was thinking the same thing as I read SparkleNana's post. Unfortunately I don't get to see my neighbors much anymore as I'm out of the house before most of them and by the time I get home, everyone's been in bed a few hours already.