99 DAYS OF FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is OK for us to be involved in celebrating as much as you like! Hum Christmas songs - or listen to Christmas music - or both! Take out some decorations you love and put them in one room for a day. (Maybe the room you are really working on.) Allow yourself to enjoy what you are doing. What ARE you doing? (Now, everyone here KNOWS that life often gets in the way of our fondest Christmas plans. Don't feel bad. You are not behind. Just enjoy what other people are doing, and use that to inspire you when you DO have time.)

This morning, I started taking things out of our small hall closet. It is mind-boggling how many things have been stuffed into that closet. And - this happened during the summer - when we do not wear coats. During the day, I hope to vacuum and clean the closet. And try to find other homes for 90% of the things in that closet.

What is the connection with this task to Christmas? I am imagining opening the front door to friends and family, and welcoming them in. And actually having a place to hang up their coats. And a boot tray for their snowy boots.

For some reason, this is a very tiring job for me. So I will space it out throughout the day. Between lots of laundry and cooking and yard work and medical trips and - whatever else turns up. But while I am working on the front closet, I am going to be thinking about Christmas. Remembering fun celebrations with people I love. :package:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
With the season change the sun now is coming in the windows at a different angle. This morning the beautiful sun came in the front window and shone on a very dusty plant stand. I was in shock to see all the dust there. Somehow it has fallen off my routine cleaning. Thank you Ms Sun!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I need to work on my coat closet too. It's in the foyer (and this week I'm working in the foyer area), right at the front door. The top shelf is cluttered with things I used over the summer like tents, food warmers, etc. I was just throwing things up there as I walked in the door. The floor area needs decluttering also. I have a bin full of auto stuff that I just dropped in there when I cleaned out my car for junking (engine went up). Plus the poles to the tents are all over the floor. While I'm at it I need to take a few coats to the cleaners. I have so many coats in that closet that there's no space for guests to put theirs. I will have to move the lighter coats into the spare room closet.

I'm at work with my notebook open going through sections, seeing what progress I've made (or not). My gift list is looking pretty good. I'm pass the halfway mark. I was buying two gifts at a time which helped a lot. When I look at the gift list, what's really left are gifts that contain adding goodies -- that can go a few months before I need to buy them. I do need to finish my holiday crafts though. They've been put on the back burner while I've worked on fall crafts.

Will finish going through book to what else I need to do.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am imagining opening the front door to friends and family, and welcoming them in. And actually having a place to hang up their coats. And a boot tray for their snowy boots.

We are renovating our home and really had a hard time deciding between a main level 1/2 bath or walk-in closet. :confused: We liked the idea of having guests only on the main level, BUT it's so important to have somewhere to hang up our/ their coats too!!

The final vote was the closet. Our old home had no closets :thud: so it made the most sense!!

The deciding factor was those winter boots and coats :frosty: