A Christmas wish come true

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
12 years ago my daughter moved to Florida 1800 miles from home.
This past Christmas she came back to Texas so the kids could see what Christmas should be like.
This was first time she had been home for Christmas since she moved.
And I knew about it a year in advance It was spectacular to say the least. It was my 10 year old grandsons first Christmas with me, and the first one the girls could remember.
And they always will! it was wonderful. It’s amazing what you can get done in a year ;)
This year has been kinda depressing for me, as I was sure it would be the last one we would be together. My oldest GD is graduating this year.

I sent plane tickets for my 2 GDS to come spend 3 weeks with me this summer, their mom and dad were against it at first, but they wore them down.
They were here for a week when their mom calls and tells me their moving back. She asked hubby what he thought about the ideal and he told her he had sent his resume here 2 weeks before. They company bought him a ticket down here for a interview and he got the job. They will be here in 2 weeks.
They will be staying with me until they find a place of their own.
All these years I have spent all of my holiday seasons alone.
The Lord truly does answer prayers.
Her coming home is the first thing on my Christmas wish list every year.
SOOO MUCH TO DO SO LITTLE TIME! I LOVE IT!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Beautiful. I love how God is working on things, even though we may not know it!! I know it will be the best present ever!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
So wonderful Debbie, gave me goosebumps and tears in my eyes.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Debbi, that is GREAT news!!!! :smilepool: Will be so good for all of you to be around each other!!! What part of Texas you in? Happy Dance for you, I know you are about to burst with excitement!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Oh Debbie, that is such lovely news!! And even better that they were both thinking about it.

So little time? Pshaw, the HGP and HHP (or whatever it's now called) haven't even started yet, so there is PLENTY of time left to make it magical - and you can build on all those plans you thought through last year, so you have the starting blocks ready to go.

I hope you all have a wonderful time, and that they enjoy their time living with you (and find somewhere of their own, close by visit but far enough to allow all their own space, before you all get anywhere close to feeling cooped up together!).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You are so blessed.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
How exciting to have your family back! What a great time it will be for all of you

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Debbie - I am so happy for you. And just think, now you'll have all of those extra helpers...who needs elves??? ;)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Debbie, I am moved to tears over this joyous news of yours. God is always working in our lives, even tho we may not know it or see it. I am so very happy for you!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Debbie...How AWESOME!! I'm kinda emotional right now over everything and that was one more thing that made me teary.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
that's wonderful news, im so happy for you. im very lucky all of my kids live within 15 min from me. I know you will have agreat holiday

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am so happy for you!!

You are going to have such a wonderful holiday with your family!!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
That is wonderful news! So great to have family at the holidays!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
OH Debbie that is WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I'm so happy for you that your family will all be together!