A craft a day during Summer Vacation

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am late on trying to figure this out but Miss Makayla and a couple of her friends have gotten in to the habit of making a craft a day during summer vacation. Some crafts are easy and then last year they decided that they were ready to try out harder crafts. Some that even take days to make. They have decided they want challenges this year.

Since school ends next Wens. which also happens to be Miss Makayla's 12th birthday we are going to work on outfits for the girls to wear on the last day of school.

This weekend we are going to tye-dye white material and tank tops, then on Sunday or Monday afterschool I am going to let them use my sewing machine to make their own skirts to wear on the last day.

Now to plan the rest of the summer I will of course have some input from the girls since they are the ones that are going to be doing the crafts. Does anyone have any ideas???? Two of the girls are 12 and one 11 yr old and who knows whom else will join. Last year when they made their photo boards we had 7 kids down here doing them. From ages 5-16

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
They need to decorate a small scrapbook. Then they need to take photos of them working on their craft projects so they will always have the memories even if they do not keep all the projects.

Starting a family tree and learning something about their heritage would be nice.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I like the decorating the notebooks maybe in August when school gets a little closer

Ahorsesoul I know my kids already can tell you their ancestors all they way down the line that I know, we are going to take a mini trip this summer inbetween birthdays, weddings, racing to the town where my grandmother grew up to see the old family mansion, the block that is named after my great, great grandfather and my girls and I are going to the library there to read the family book, also my dd16 is excited to get pictures of my great great grandfather with a very close friend of his Abe Lincoln the town historian has many pictures of our family in her collection due to her family worked for my grandmothers family. I don't know whom is more excited me or my girls on this trip.

For the past 3 days the girls have been working on thier own poppets along with my help, this is going to take them a few more days but they are having fun doing so.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
KimD,
This is so cool about your kids knowing their family history. So few kids these days know anything about their parents, let alone any other generation.