A new idea for your word of the year

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I was at Wal-mart the yesterday (almost a daily occurrence for me!) and I found some unfinished wood cut out letters. I got the letters HOME and I am either going to paint them or cover them with scrapbook paper and hang them on my wall to remind me that that is where my emphasis is this year!!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Nice Idea! Can you explain how you'll apply the scrapbooking paper? I'm having a mental block.

Thanks!

Lisa

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I love those wooden letters. I bought some last fall that spelled out "Give" and painted them all pretty and fallish looking, with the intentions of going back and getting "Thanks", which I never did! I'll have to make an effort to get my word, "heart" and the "thanks"!! Great reminder!!

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
teachermomof2 said:
Nice Idea! Can you explain how you'll apply the scrapbooking paper? I'm having a mental block.

Thanks!

Lisa

I'm not quite sure, but I've seen them done at craft stores. I suppose you would glue it on then cover with modge podge or something. I'll have to do a google to find out for sure!

Just did a google and found this site http://www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower ... etter.html
I love the embelishments, I think I might try something like that.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tfs! crazymo I like the idea on the website. Really cute!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
The examples I've seen had decoupaged the scrapping paper on.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thank you for the link! I will have to pick up some letters this weekend at Michael's and get started!

Blessings,
Lisa

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
That sounds like a neat idea. You'll have a reminder all year long to look at.