A way for me to pass things along...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I have a good friend who lives in Staten Island (and whom I miss dearly) that told me she is organizing a Chinese Auction with the PTA at her daughter's school and is in need of items for gift baskets. I told her I could probably round up a few things and send them to her....which I did and I will! I found things that I picked up in the $$ bins at Michael's, really pretty journals with matching "post-it" pads and note cards. MY intent was to give them as gifts, but when I really thought about it, I don't really have anyone to give them to...so I will send them to her. One of the things she'll take is new makeup, not opened,which I have that I ordered from Ken's niece who sells Avon. She is looking for lots of things, and I'm hoping I can help her out...and help me out in the meantime!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmaslvr... this is such a Win-Win situation! It keeps you even more connected to a really precious friend! It finds a good use for some things you bought... that are cute and nice! AND it is for a good cause! AND.... it helps with our Decluttering Club goals!!!!!

What is a "Chinese Auction"? Sounds intriguing!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Thank you! I'm really excited and hope I can find some more for her!

A Chinese Auction is where when you come in you buy tickets....and there are items, could be single items, could be gift baskets and even gift certificates, that when you see something you'd like, you drop a ticket in a cup in front of the item. There is a time frame for doing this and then one by one, a ticket is pulled and there is a winner for each prize! One can walk away with multiple prizes if they're lucky!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sounds like it should be a good auction. I hope that you manage to find some great items for your friend.